Why do you hate America?

The question is geared more for extreme liberals and extreame Islamist. Id like to hear your side of the story.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• I'm liberal, but not extremely so.

Anyway, I think there's a LOT to love about America. Freedom of religion and speech, freedom of the press (this is becoming less and less utilized, though), RULE OF Law cannot be overstated.

At the same time, though, there's a lot that the country can do in order to become a better world leader.

For example, extreme allocation of wealth in the U. S. is just insane.
    And there's way too much room for money to influence politics and legislation.
    And we're a country that still doesn't have true equality for it's citizens.
    And we spend way too much many and facilitates the deaths of way too many people with our defense efforts.
    And we've still got way too much gun violence, coupled with a growing distrust of police officers.
    And we don't have a system of health care that works properly, which I feel is fueled by a general sentiment of "you're on you're own." Sometimes, I think we see people of lesser socioeconomic privilege as if they're diseased--like they carry some parasite or something, so we just want to kick them when they're down rather than offer a helping hand.

Anyway, I don't want to rant here. I really do believe that the U. S. has some truly amazing qualities, but the fact that some people have the gall to act as though America is infallible, it just irritates me to no end. Nationalistic B. S. pride at its worst.

• I'm neither liberal nor islamic, but I'll answer anyway.

America did a major bait and switch on the whole world in selling their story. In the 60-80s, America was doing awesome things like space exploration, tech inventions, producing sporting heros like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, the entire 80s Olympic teams and music legends like Michael Jackson, countless Jazz musicians, Nirvana. We watched great movies from the likes of Spielberg, George Lucas, Eddie Murphy. We ate American food. We wore American clothes. The whole world was also sold on the American Dream.

Then reality hit. Time and time again, America made up bullshit reasons to drag the whole world into wars for their own, transparent benefit. American sporting heros were found to be cheats and drug abusers. We found out that the great American clothing brands built their empires off the backs of child labor in slave like conditions in third world countries. Their food came from companies like Monsanto, which can only be described as pure evil. Even the media empires are revealing themselves to be racist to it's very core.

And lets not forget, after being sold on the greatness of the first, Han shot first, trilogy of Star Wars, came Jar Jar Binks.

You sold us on an epic American Dream, but delivered George Fucking Bush. Fuck you.

• I'm not an American so my knowledge isn't from a 1st-hand perspective. But while America is a very nice country to visit with many warm and welcoming people, it's also a country that's being destroyed by a careless, overspending government who basically is a slave to capitalism, the way I see it.

In my eyes Republicans should leave the 50's behind, universal healthcare should never have been shot down, the gap between the poor and wealthy is ridiculous and America's policing of the world should come to and end. Yes, thank you for your involvement in the liberation during World War II, but that was 70 years ago. You can go home now.

I also don't like how 9/11 made the whole damn world a more policed place, simply because America demanded it and no country could say no, because terrorism this and Jihad that.

Adding to that is all the ridiculous power the NSA has. As a technology-enthusiast I simply cannot stand it, and I wish more Americans would rise up against it. Blatant spying and mass information-gathering is wrong, plain and simple. Snowden may be a traitor in the technical sense, but he should be heralded as a hero of the people in my book.

And of course there's the issue of firearms possession. I'm personally not totally against it as I often wish I could do more to defend myself in The Netherlands, but a country who produces so many firearms while simultaneously slapping other countries on the wrist for doing the same thing is nothing short of hypocritical.

Hypocrisy is pretty rampant in The States, anyway. Here in The Netherlands too, by the way.

Also, in my eyes the African-American population should stop drawing the victim-card so much. Oh I understand that there are many issues and that a majority of these people live in relative poverty. But you don't solve these issues by screaming "that's racist" whenever it's convenient to do so. That just keeps the divide intact.

And finally, stop interweaving religion with your politics. The way some people express their Christianity in America is no better than the way extreme Islamists do in theirs. Yeah you don't blow innocent people up, but stop harassing homosexuals and other folk who don't fit in your very narrow view of how the world should be. Church is fine, but keep it separate from the state, I'd say.

Apart from the above bits. I love you guys because you do everything big and your burgers are very, very tasty. Also I love your metropolises, it's nothing like our tiny cities here.

• Extreme liberals don't hate America. We are annoyed conservative idiots who, because of their lack of knowledge and inability to do logic or understand science and mathematics, are 1) ruining this country, 2) alienating the rest of the world (thus we get Islamic terrorists), 3) are driving the human species and maybe life on this planet to extinction.

• Liberal, but wouldn't say extreme. I dislike nationalism. People who call themselves patriotic are usually manipulated with nationalism. I don't like the fact that we spead our country so thin trying to help coountries just to gain access to their resources. I don't like that people who hold very important positions in our government are for sale. Im not sure about the middle east situation, but we need to stop going to war with other countries period. I dislike how a certain political party's idea of supporting the troops is sending them to die in a war that can't be won. (15 years and counting btw). However, I understand that to some degree I am lucky , because I could end up somewhere where I have little if any rights. Liberals don't hate America, they sometimes just recognize obvious faults and don't turn a blind eye to them.

• Why do you imagine that people who disagree with you hate America? I love the founding documents of the United States but do not like much of the current tax policy and foreign policy or health system. It is possible to love the United States without believing that everything that happens here is the best it could be. True patriots make serious effort and sometimes some serious sacrifices to effect change. In thebly b 18th century you would probably be asking "Why do you hate England?"

• I don't hate my country but I do loath that we seem so morally bankrupt. We will do nearly anything for just one dollar more.

• its good to be Canadian

*puffs pipe*

• It's not so bad...

• We should all LOOOOVVVVEEEEEE and make LLLOOOOOOVEEEE LOOOOVVEEE LOVEEEE

• Interference in each and every internal matter of every country of world. :/

• Things have happened in the middle east that most Americans aren't aware of, such as the USS Vincennes shooting down Iran Air Flight 655. Plenty of other things get blamed on us which aren't necessarily our fault (crusader this and zionist that - these days, a lot of our foreign policy boils down to "this group will be pissed at us if we intervene, but THAT group will be pissed at us if we DON'T").

A lot of the world sees itself as being caught up in a tug-of-war between the US and Russia, with a lot of proxy conflicts. Syria, for one. Russia supports Assad, US opposes Russia, Assad opposes US, hence US supports rebels, even though the rebels are often barbaric (search "Abu Sakkar") and far more fractious. Assad is one brutal son-of-a-bitch, and no friend to the US, but he's also probably the least-worst of the bastards vying for control of that country right now.

• There's this girl I know. The FSA, which our government has been arming and training to the tune of millions of dollars, has more than once bombed the city her family lives in to try to pressure the YPG (which remained neutral in the civil war, defending their holdings against all comers - primarily ISIL) to take up arms against Assad. That kind of thing has happened all over the planet, and people remember it. Whatever one's thoughts of the Iraq War, there's an entire generation grown up to fighting age over there now who have never known a world without it. Governmental actions have sweeping, long-term consequences, especially when that government is a superpower. Fortunately, she and others like her don't hold a people in contempt for the actions of their governments. While disagreeing with our foreign policy, they don't hate Americans on principle. But we do have a duty as citizens who (to some extent) choose our own government to pay attention to what's happening and vote wisely.

• For the record, I am a registered Republican, though not a proud one - I see them as the less-worse of two crappy choices. I am neither an extreme liberal nor an Islamist. I've simply taken it upon myself to look into these things, talk to people, and try to gain some outside perspective.

• Right wingers are traitors that want to secede because they didn't like the way democracy went.

• What are you talking about?
      Slavery?

• I'm talking about the time when the convicted criminal governor of Texas spoke of seceding. Or even when all the conservative politicians were called some group of criminals heroes because they pointed guns at the federal government in the Bundy ranch incident.

• "extreme liberals"? lol. you've been watching too much faux news.

What Girls Said 6

• Can you please explain the ideology of an extreme liberal.

I need to know if I'm extreme or not to answer this question.

• I wonder if you really get a lot of answers from those people... I don't think there will be many extreme Muslims on a site where 70% is American.

• I don't, I love it! <3

• I don't hate America. I like America. I just think us Australians are better ;p

• I do not have anything against america, I'm a Muslim.

• i dont hate it.

• That's why I wrote in the description...