Girls, do any of you have horrible painful periods?

I was wondering if any women on here have horrible painful periods accompanied by bad PMS? Are any of you taking birth control and does it help subside the effects of your period? If so what kind of birth control do you recommend? I have been dealing with painful periods that knock me down for three days for the last three years. Looking for some advice. Thanks for reading.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I have pain at the begining of the period. First days, i do not even want to move. I do not take medicine. I prefer natural things like camomile tea. If I can not stand the pain then I take painkiller.
    Yours seems a lot to me. Have you made yourself checked by a doctor?

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, I have which is why I hate them so much.
    I usually deal with the discomfort that accompanies my period.
    I suggest having a doctor evaluate you and letting him know what you go through with your period.
    He can help you.

• My periods aren't that bad, PMT can make me a little crazy sometimes. For cramps Buscopan is good though

• I just posted a similar question a little while ago. Check it out. Might find some useful info there :-)
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1485298-what-other-things-can-i-try-for-a-horribly-painful-period

• No I don't. I'm lucky.

You should check it with a doc. Maybe you have cysts in your ovaries.

• I used to and I took birth control pills for it. Mine were really heavy, painful, irregular, unpredictable periods and the birt

• Oops. Sorry. The birth control pills helped with all of it. First, I took a 28 day cycle pill after trying a few others and then for a little bit of time I took Seasonique which is an extended cycle birth control pill

• I used to get terrible cramps and felt lower back pains and now I just get super emotional... I've been through it all smfh

• Have you spoken to a gynaecologist about this? I feel like they'd be able to help you better than we would, what with their specialized medical training and all.

• Yes I have just this week and he put me on birth control and said this should help.

• Sadly mine are so bad I can barely get out of bed. However some painkillers can help with that, Ibuprofen works best for me.
    Though if your pain is too strong for over the counter meds you may want to ask your doctor or pharmacist.
    Sadly it could also be a sign of ovarian cyst, check with your doctor just in case.

• ALWAYS. I can't remember a painless first day! </3

• You should see your doctor for the best advice :)

• Birth control does help control the pain and PMS of a period.

• Yeah , I am one of those who get painful periods , I take Buscopan anyway and when I had an appointment with a doctor , she advised me to take Voltaren Suppositories , since I would literally throw up everything I eat or drink. But I believe you should see a doctor as well and never depend on anyone's advise , especially if you didn't use to experience pain before , but started to experience it recently.

• I do, go to the doctors and see what birth control they recommended

• Honestly, I've never had a period (PCOD) However, my sister had terrible periods and got put on the Depo shot. It really helped regulate and tone down the cramping.

• I have cramps, that make me curl up into a fetal position and occasionally throw up.

• Mine is bad but, not horrible

• yeah sometimes it seems unbearable :(

• Eat nothing fried or drink any coffee on you're period. Have yougert and eat a lot of grains. Also drink a lot of water, it will flush you're period out faster. No fast food, or any junk. It makes it hurt more. I have bad periods too. Also if you bleed bad, ask you're doctor about iron. Only take it if you're doctor says it is what you need, iron can be fatal. Also just rest a little. Drink water nothing else, milk yes. Yougert is great.

• I have a near cripping period pain where i can't walk or do much. i always have to take like a 5 minute vreaj before i can do anything again, i'm not taking birth control although i do somewhat does up on pain killers and warm baths/beds