Why should I/we approach guys first?

I don't have anything against it. I can and I would if I want and I know a lot of girls would too. It just pissed me off that some guys whine about us just waiting to be approached. Wtf is wrong with that? Wtf is wrong if we want to be complimented? And if we don't return the compliment, what's wrong with that? Do you do that to be complimented back?

Please now enlighten me, what's so special about you that we should be the one approaching first? Yeah this is because one guy keeps on generalizing and judging like he knows how hard it is to just wait. He don't appreciate how lucky he is that he can initiate, talk to a girl, show interest first without being judge because in most societies that's what is accepted.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that any person, guy or girl, who is single and looking, should not have the expectation that the opposite sex will approach them because they are just so awesome. If there is something you want in life, the expectation should be that you as an individual go get it. There's no excuse as to why a woman can't approach a guy she is interested in, or vice versa. There is nothing uniquely special about you as a woman which would make your expectation that the guy you are deeply interested in should be the one to approach you first simply because you are a woman. That's what I would call entitlement. Now if you are single and not looking, that's a different matter. But many times i see girls on here and in life who are distraught with their singleness situation, and lament about why there are no guys in their lives, and when you talk to them, the expectation of many of them is that the guy approach them. Just as you asked the question, "what's so special about you that we should be the one approaching first?" to guys, the same could be asked of these girls.

• I totally agree with you. And I know it's not right to ask what so special about guys for us to approach them I was just pissed because I've read some people saying that we enjoy waiting and that we're so privilege because we just sit and without us doing anything we would be approached. Do they know the struggle of being the one expected to just wait and be approached?

• I encourage both men and women to be the one to approach and initiate because there are many advantages in doing so. Waiting for things to be handed to you is for people who feel super entitled to everything. In 2015, there's not really any excuse that women can viably use, which a man cannot use himself, as to why they won't approach the opposite sex when they themselves are the ones who are single and looking. It just cannot be done without revealing yourself as a hypocrite simultaneously. That's really my position on the matter. If you are single and not looking, well then of coarse there's no reason why you would be expected to approach men. You don't really want anything from them in that situation. But there are still a lot of girls who cling to traditionalism when it comes to their dating situation because its easier to sit and wait than it is to face a series of rejections

• thanks for mho!

What Guys Said 7

• There's no reason for girls to approach us. That's what the guys who complain about that don't understand.

Girls have what every guy wants, pussy. Guys want it so bad, and are constant pursuit of it.

Think of it like the iPhone. Everybody wants an iPhone, there's no need for Apple to go door to door trying to sell them. They can just sit back, open their stores, and wait for the customers to come.

That's exactly what pussy is, a hot commodity.

Guys don't possess anything that girls want to such a high degree.

• "Guys don't possess anything that girls want to such a high degree."

We actually want something from you.

• Yeah, I get you now. Thank you :)

• many guys like it when gal makes da 1st move ;)

• we can approach girls easily without any effort fair enough but sometimes it would be very nice for a girl to approach us for once as many guys are shy, it happened to me a few times and I cannot tell you ow good it feels, don't guys deserve the same feeling? xD

• I can and I would if I want and I know a lot of girls would too. It just pissed me off that some guys whine about us just waiting to be approached.

• Yeah I know what you mean, I totally agree with you. They are just selfish it's not all about them!

• Its fucking unfair it should deffineately be men approach 50% women approach 50% im tired of women being sexist towards men we should all be equal :)

• Am I sexist if I don't approach guys first? Dude, who don't want equality?

• I feel like its only ever women that wait to be approached its hell for somebody like me because im a fit strong big muscular guy so i am NEVER approached and im a pretty shy person just because im strong does not mean im some scary tough guy :( it pisses me off when women wait to be approached lol

• i dont think you quite got what people mean by that

the "old fashioned" way is that only guys ever approach a girl. its 2015 now and we are all equal. that means girls can approach guys too. nobody ever said it had to be a complete switch.

• Guys well guys like me are shy and would be relieved if the woman made the first move.

• Right back at you bitch. WTF is so special about you that I should take a second out of my day to approach you? WTF do you do that makes you such a fucking prize? What, you have a vagina? Guess what, there are 3.5 fucking billion of them, as common as dirt.

So why? Spell it out. Please, go right ahead, I'm all ears.

What Girls Said 3

• Think about it, who don most people approach? Because putting yourself out there and being rejected is scary. Very scary. And I'm a person whose only been asked out a couple of times, the rest was all me. And it's so hard to be able to put yourself out there time after time.
    And I feel really bad that a lot of guys are forced to put themselves out there. Saying no really is the easy part. And I do get annoyed that I have to be the one who has to put myself out there all the time.
    Also it gets tiring seeing girls complain about how to get a guy to ask them out. It's the 21st century and we can be strong independent women. So instead of waiting around girls should be encouraged or pushed to ask their crush out more

• I got you. I don't have anything against approaching a guy first. I actually said, I can and I would if I want to. What pisses me off is that some think its a privilege to just wait. Like we're enjoying it. Duh, they don't know the struggle.

• Actually waiting is the easy part. I've waited about 5 times and I was way easier. Hearing "I don't date girls like you" over and over again has really killed my confidence. Saying "I'm sorry no thank you" made me feel bad but only for a minute. But the comments said to me while approaching has stuck with me years.

• It was easy for you, not to me and not to a lot.

• Honestly its only since I've joined this website I heard guys whine about girls should approach first. Im assuming its only certain type of guys who think girls should approach. Guys I know enjoy pursuing women they like.

• I'm actually okay with it. What pissed me is some people saying like we're so privileged to be just waiting. Grrrr.

• Same here..

• I know how you feel.