For standup comedy watchers, what type of comedy do you like?

These comedians demonstrate 3 different types of standup comedy. Which style do you like? For me, I do not even find Aziz funny. Just like Seinfield; I get tired of him very soon.

• Russell Peters
    33% (1)100% (2)60% (3)Vote
  • Dane Cook
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Aziz Ansari
    67% (2)0% (0)40% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a huge fan of British standup comedians, such as: Dara Ó Briain, Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey, Jack Dee, Tim Minchin (British-born Aussie), Sean Lock, Ricky Gervais, and Milton Jones. (I'd rate them in that order)

Of the yanks, I think Louis C. K. is head-and-shoulders above his country-mates. That being said, I have a soft spot for Bill Burr recently. Oh, and Greg Giraldo was an under-appreciated legend.

But of the above choices, I picked Russell. I like the kinds of stories he tells, where there are funny moments all through rather than just building to a big payoff at the end. I also like his relaxed energy; he puts you at ease while still proving to be quite engaging. I've been to a live show of his in Kingston, Ontario. Despite the big crowd (the venue was a small hockey stadium), it felt like an intimate affair, and the time flew by as the laughs came thick and fast.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• LOL I like how no one chose Dean Cook. He is so blah

0|0
    0|0
    • I just happened to see him last week on TV on Showtime. I thought he was good as he goes around things that happen in a person's everyday life. Russell on the other hand is easy going and mostly goes around demographics and nationalities. Aziz is just a "wannabe".

• Show All
    • As long as its not Bob Saget then we're good lol

• Haha. Oh that is like an ethics class for kids.

What Guys Said 4

• The satirical racial jokes always makes me laugh my ass off. Freaking Russell Peters xD

0|1
    0|0
    • You Asian guy !! What type of Asian are you?

Hahaha... I agree... Being brown, I love his take on the brown people. I just don't like when he crosses that limit and goes into crude vulgarity that is difficult for families to watch at home (because he uses non-English terms that we never use with family).

• I'm into the Bill Burr and Patrice O'neal type of comedy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Saw Bill Maher last year, he was OK, but not that great. Lewis Black was in town a couple of months ago but I was too busy to go. Really would have liked to see him. The best show I've ever seen in person is Sam Kinison.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the provocative with a hard core of truth, like Bill Burr.

1|1
    0|0