Is war ever "good"?

• War can be just
  • War cannot be just
  • War is just natural

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate violence and sh** but I believe in some cases war is necessary and war is natural if you wanna know if war is natural look at the whole animal kingdom - do they fight eachother - yes... Do animals have sex for pleasure - yes do animals apart from himans get married? - no (only humans get married which means marriage is unatural)

What Girls Said 3

• War is never good.

• No i dont think so.

• I don't think so.

What Guys Said 9

• well as a german i can say: yes it is... in case you stop a person like hitler, it´s worth it.
    but war is also natural. even some ape species start wars between groups.

• It made us what we are today, but no it's never good and the end doesn't justify the means.

• if war is in self defense, or to stop a rouge nation like isis or something than the war is just

• a supermarket war where they slash the prices is good

• For Sparta!

• Good? no, Necessary, maybe sometimes, but all to often, no.

• Those that say war cannot be just are ignorant of history. Understandable, but I know they'd change their minds if they were placed in a Nazi death camp.

• please separate war from the holocaust
      the wehrmacht was the actual army and they fought like any other.
      the SS was political and were responsible for the holocaust. so in other words that has no relation to the actual war

• @Sjeggy The SS was destroyed by the allies through war. No relation to the war? They had battalions of soldiers... The holocaust was done by a part of the enemy (regardless of designation) , by destroying the enemy, the holocaust was stopped. Not to mention that the SS was the fist of the Nazi political party, the same party that started the war.

• The best that can be said is that sometimes it is a necessary evil.