Do you think Jesus is real?

I personally think he is real and that he's the one and only God (there is no trinity)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not even proven if Jesus as a historical figure actually existed (in fact, it's seems very unlikely when you consider that there is practically no source besides the bible that mentions him). So it would be an even much bigger leap of faith to believe in him as a saint or savior or whatever you call it. I'd rather go with facts, things we know and we can rely upon. I don't believe in anything without the existence of good reason because I don't want my beliefs to just feel good, I want them to be true.

• thats completely untrue, most historians think that Jesus was a real person, there are other sources besides the bible including roman historians mentioning the executions, a couple of roman historians, as well as a couple of jewish historians.

There are very few historians who do not believe jesus existed whether they are atheist or religious.

Im agnostic by the way, but just being real, Jesus was a historical figure

• Well, I happen to study history and I would love to hear some of those "Roman historians" or "jewish historians" who wrote about Jesus AND were contemporaries of him. Of course, there are non-biblical sources that describe Jesus. Unfortunately, all these sources have been composed AFTER Jesus had died. In other words: The first people who actually mentioned him were writers who were born 30-40 years after Jesus' death. Now, remember, this was a time where information was mainly transported orally. Therefore, we have to assume that what we read in these sources cannot possibly be taken literally. I'm not saying that Jesus certainly did not exist because I did not live back then and so I can't know. But simply taking the existence of a person who we know practically nothing about for a fact seems to me like quite a stretch of the scientific method.

What Girls Said 10

• Ummmm I do not believe in him, for me if he was true, everybody would know of him, just like everybody knows that there is a moon and a sun. Meh. :) I feel it is all about perception.

• I most definitely believe in hin because I know him on a personal level. He guides me, watches over me, protects me, and answers my prayers. I can also feel his love in my heart.

• Yes but I'm not about to star war of the religions.

• as a muslim i do believe that Jesus is real and he was a prophet sent by god, but he isn't god or god's son, we don't believe in this

• I believe in the Son, in the Father, and in the Holy Spirit.

• Which is jesus the father (Jesus spirit) also known as the holy ghost conceived a son (the flesh:humanity of Jesus) his name is Jesus and he is one person his name is jehovah

• That's what you believe in and I wouldn't argue with you. We only have one God :)

• I believe that Jesus is real and I believe in the Trinity as well.

• I believe in Him.

• I believe He's real.

• Yeah, he banged me last week

• Actually being serious. I know a guy called Jose but we call him jesus

• Lol haha!!

• Is it weird to be gay for Jesus? I mean I'm not... I was just, uh... asking for this guy... uh..."Joe"... he's totally gay for Jesus. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, I'm just not, it's my friend who's gay... Is it getting hot in here?

• I think so yeah.

What Guys Said 13

• I'm Catholic so I do believe that Jesus is real and that there is only one God. People have their own religion as well and I respect theirs, so I am not going to argue or contradict with any of them.

• I believe Jesus was real, first because most historians hold that belief as well.

I dont know if he was the son of god though, i feel, like Thomas Jefferson, that the bible was wildly exaggerated and turned into a folktale by the time the writers got around to writing the story down.

The teachings in the new testament are really good though, and whether your christian or not, you would benefit from reading them and applying them to your life

• umm, no...

• never seen him so...

• I believe in Jesus, but i believe in the Holy Trinity too.

• He's real to a lot of people... And perception is reality

*end transmission*

• But faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen

• Haha yeah

• I'm really not trying to be a dick (right now), I just have *no* idea what you just said to me...

• I dont think... I know.

• Yeah Yeshua Ben Hur... Son of GOD, son of man, redeemer of all transgressions.

I believe he is real and god is alive

• Jesus is a Creator Son - the sole ruler and creator of our local universe of Nebadon I think it was.

• Well I follow the Nicene Creed so yes, but not that which is in parenthese.

• Well I do not believe in the trinity I believe that God is (Jesus) one person but three different manifestations the son is God incarnate the father is Jesus himself also known as Jehovah in the Old Testament.. the bible doesn't speak of or give any hint to the trinity

• That depends on how you read scripture. It also completely ignores Christian tradition.

• There's no dispute among reputable historians that he was a real person. Professions of faith aren't going to sway people uninterested in hearing them, but if nothing else, his philosophy of good will towards one's fellow man was one we all ought to be able to respect.

• Of course, he was in my AP English class. Pretty sure he was going to school to be an engineer, pretty cool guy.