Why are athiests gambling with their life, and dont belive in god?

• I believe in Jesus and i am going to Eternal Joy
  • I believe in Science, nothing is going to happen after we die
  • I am indifferent
  • I am scared i am going to hell
  • I believe in other religion/Gods
That figures, only a fifth of world is going to the afterlife

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a gamble either way. You can't really be sure until you're dead. You just have to go with your feelings, basically.

What Girls Said 15

• You're assuming there's only two options, no God and Christian God. But you're ignoring the possibility that even if a deity did exist, it might be a non Christian God, so you could be risking going to hell (or the equivalent) even if you weren't an atheist. And honestly, I think any God who would send you to hell for not believing in the correct thing is a shit God anyhow, being as plenty of people just aren't even given the opportunity to believe. So I'll take my chances being non religious but being a good person, thanks all the same. And if I get sent to hell by whatever deity turns out to exist, screw them.

• They are gambling their lives based on who? There's a reason why it's called a "belief" and not a fact.
    It isn't proven to be true.
    So let people have their views and you have yours.

• Same reason you gamble with this life, believing it isn't your only one and wasting it with the promise of a much better one after.

• God is real, and you can't deny this

• Obviously a troll account.

• @musicbrain5 blatantly obvious, only gagers call gagers 'gagers'. No way you'd know that if you weren't here before, I think its an atheist trying to be a dick. It's working... haha!

• Gambling their life? Don't you mean gambling their death? I think that the bible is just stories. Kinda absurd to base a lifestyle off of. I understand the morals of the stories, and I agree with most of them, but I don't base my entire life off them. I believe in a higher power, but not God. God exists, because we (as a species) wanted him to. All other species survive without any belief of God, humans can, too.
    I just don't understand religion. It's just human nature to have someone to blame... God or Satan. Good or evil. Imagine this scenario...
    Jimmy is at school and falls off the jungle gym and cracks his head open. His teacher, Miss Lynn runs up to him and...
    1) asks him if she can pray with him. She does and then... 1) Jimmy is okay. Miss Lynn thinks "Thank God! He has saved this boy! I must study his ways to understand this miracle of life!" -OR- 2) Jimmy dies. Miss Lynn mourns and thinks "Why, God? I must study your ways to understand."
    OR
    2) comforts him with soothing words. Then... 1) Jimmy is okay. Miss Lynn is happy and maybe tells herself "My kind words gave him strength." -OR- 2) Jimmy dies. Miss Lynn is traumatized and possibly blames herself.
    So basically, religion is a passive aggressive way to avoid our feelings and deal with our problems. We blame God for the wrongs, so we don't have to blame ourselves. We praise God for the rights, when we need to praise ourselves or one another. We obsessively read His word, instead of confronting ourselves...
    But, hey, props to being passionate about it.

• Interesting theory you have there, So your're basically saying Religion is way of over-coming certain struggles and defeats.
      So if the outcome is good the person will think God answered their prayer? That is Pareidolia

• It's still a gamble when you believe as well. That's why it's called a belief, or having faith. You believe that you're going to go to heaven in the afterlife, but you don't know for sure.

• Yeah but either way, It's pretty grim, peak and depressing for you athiests, you have more to lose...

But we have a 50/50 chance god exists and so does heaven, then you atheists are doomed

• Who says I'm going to hell? That's just as much of a gamble as getting into heaven is, and it's all based on religious belief. I'm planning on being cremated anyways, so yes I will absolutely enjoy the heat.

• Asker is a troll lol.

• For starters, you sound like someone who is very narrow minded and cannot comprehend that the world isn't all Christian. Sorry to break it to you, but there's many religions and non-believers in the world. Religion is what we believe in, not what is set in stone. Nobody knows what will happen, and that's why we have religion and other beliefs to fill in the 'unknown' questions we don't know.

• Know Jesus in the truth and the light, you are evil little jealous sinner who wants to fornicate and commit sodomy , then go ahead, and burn in the fire and eternal damnation later on

• The thing is, your bible tells you to love all and accept all, no matter who they are. Hope you enjoy hell yourself since you obviously don't even understand the main concepts of Christianity.

• Know you will enjoy the hellfire, you little sinner begone blasphemer, terrorist , infidel poo poo

• I believe in science. It's enough that if there was truly an omnipotent being then he/she (or whatever) would be able to stop disasters from happening or even time traveler. The fact that all that can't be done or it's unwilling to do it (even if hypothetically speaking it was standing there and doing nothing), either way it means there is no such thing as a god.

Besides if it's truly non-judgmental and so called forgiving as many believers would like to say, then why even put the fear of the so called ''eternal suffering'' if you simply don't believe in it, don't feel the need to live your life nor morals base on someone else and instead are your own self? That this god would be doing would be the total opposite of not judging.

• God is watching and judging, God is righteous god and will punish those who dont follow him...
      The sins and wickedness you athiests are doing is making him sad, no he no longer intervenes and just watches as you all perish away into your own sinfulness

• so I'm right either way. If the so called ''god'' is watching and doing nothing but watching then it's lazy. It means there is no omnipotent being.

• being a follower is the opposite of having the rights to live your life without being judged

• I am scared I am going to hell... Would you please pray 🙏. For me!! Pretty please!!! I want to go to heaven with all the nice, polite and respect people!!!

Thank you

• They are not gambling with their lives. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want. Someone could even say the same for you and think that you will go to their form of hell because you choose to believe in the Christian God and not their god but you would believe the opposite wouldn't you? All you can do is tolerate one and another.

• Well u may be sure god exists, but what if u are wrong. Everyone has the right to decide what they want to believe. Truthfully the hummanity will never know the truth, if there is something beyond us or not. If it is isn't he forgiving?

• Most of religion is a scam. I don't like the way you've worded your question at all. I bet you're a Jehova's Witness

• *Jehovah's

All christians are jehovah's witnesses... Jesus the son, jehovah the father

• Why waste your time caring?

• everyone has their own belief and who cares?

• I don't want to live my life according to some evil psychopath. I can think.

• I dont really care, its their life.

What Guys Said 26

• Pascal's wager is about the worst argument you could use to defend christian faith. It has been debunked thousands of times by pretty much any famous philosopher and/or atheist and it was already considered a lousy argument by some of Pascal's contemporaries. Please just google this one. There are countless reasons why the wager doesn't work.

• Um yeah... Pascal's wager is actually used to support atheism. It isn't a choice. It is used as an example of why feigning to believe in God and belief are not the same thing no matter how smart you are. You can't just decide it is safer to believe then believe, it is a feigning for belief.

Life is easier for believers. Most of us would believe if we could.

• How do you even know that the god you believe in is the right god? you are also taking quite a gamble there i would say. thats why no one takes pascals wager seriously.

• Wait... shouldn't God forgive those who have sinned? I mean, why if I don't believe should I go to hell? Just cause I don't believe? If I don't believe it's God's fault for not proving me that he exists, for not doing a good job at keeping this world at peace, for not doing a good job when he created us and instead created a killing machine.

I don't believe in God, I'll never will since I've been proven otherwise many times, but if he actually exists, he should be the one apologizing to all of us atheists.

• Your choice enjoy hellfire with all the homos, gays, sodomites, rapists, murderers, liars and scientists

• Your're right , Everything of this world is in sin, The internet is Evil WWW if you turn it upside down is gemetria for the 666 number of the beast

• You know that "homos" and "gays" are the same thing right Asker?

• AHHH Good old fashioned Pascal's Wager. I never get tired of hearing of this argument.. You neglect to mention that you're also taking a gamble because you only see it as Christian God vs Nothing. Frankly there have been thousands of belief systems and even more gods that people have believed in since the beginning of recorded history. Pascal's Wager is and always has been incredibly narrow in scope for this reason. It makes the assumption straight from the gate that your belief system is the only one worth mentioning versus nothing. What if you're an atheist towards gods that are the real gods and in fact you're going to the Underworld instead of Elysium Fields? I mean I doubt you've seriously considered and researched the thousands of other gods and religions and used the process of elimination to deem them less likely than your own.. That's if such a thing can even be done in the subject of religion.

Regardless, Pascal's Wager is a weak argument and has been since it was first put forward.

• i have a problem with pascals wager, it assumes too much.

Who says that if believers in god are wrong, that nothing happens? What if they dont believe in the right God? What if actually, there is a "god of science" who is trying to use natural selection by picking the people smart enough not to believe in god to go to the afterllife? there's literally an infinite number of possibilities. Its not just heaven or nothing

The reason i do not belong to a religion is because it all too arbitrary for me. I was raised christian, well what if i grew up somewhere else and was raised with a different religion? not even knowing about christianity. Do those people go to hell? that makes no sense to me. How does God expect people to make such a difficult decision, without any hints or clues whatsoever? We have the bible, well the muslims have the Quran, the other religions have their books or whatever. Considering all that, Im supposed to just believe because "eh whats the harm nothing will happen if your wrong". Thats a little silly dont you think?

I believe in a creator, but whos to say its the christian creator and not the greek creator? or whatever, we have no evidence provided to choose which religion is correct. Theyre all just guesses basically.

Ill live my life like a good person would, i follow the philosophical (but not the religious) teachings of Jesus, if God is just he won't throw me in the fire just because i couldnt make this impossible choice.

• Well, one, you can't believe just to believe.
    It's not like you can go through the motions and say you believe, while secretly thinking that it's stupid.

• Because I have the moral courage not to base my behavior on fear of punishment. I base it upon what I think is right.

If there is a God and that isn't good enough for him, then he isn't a just God and is unworthy of worship.

• Go worship the devil, then you sinner

• He doesn't exist either.

But if he did and he was more just than God (who is only assumed to be benevolent, despite all the death he supposedly approved or committed in the Bible), then I'd have no problem doing that ;)

• broooooo just shuffle and deal :P

• Bahahahahahaha... No, you are the one gambling.

• Exactly and he's saying that atheists have much more to lose 😂

• We do, our lives actually mean something more than being subservient to some invisible dictator. @musicbrain5 nah I don't really mean that, but I said it anyway hahaha

• It's just personal choice. Belief in God isn't just a statement of belief but needs to be backed by actions. In many cases, this constitutes a complete lifestyle change. People tend not to like change. For others, belief in God concordantly means giving up some authority in their life to adhere to an outside authority. To others it means being accountable to a higher power instead of being able to do whatever they want, when they want to.

• Because we don't have to be religious and that we have different views. Do not try to shove your religious views at our faces.

• Despite the fact that I'm also an "atheist", it always baffles me how overwhelming the presence of other atheists is on this site. I guess those who've embraced internet culture are more prone to relinquish religious ties.

• First of all none of the bibles "facts" come from a primary source. Which we learnt in school is the best sources. Also, humans wrote the bible which makes it a Thirdly source. We know that stories that are told get changed over time, this can be seen in a game of Chinese Whispers. pad1.whstatic.com/.../...Telephone-Game-Step-4.jpg God tells some guy then he tells the other guys.

• Coin tosses!

• Because everybodys got tha right to believe in whatever tha hell they want

• i thought there were religious athlets no?

• My religion is atheist and my religion is science. My calculator tells me Asker is total atheist and is super good troll. Come out from under the bridge bro we're all know where you're hiding.

• I am former christian tho dude

• So was I. My parents never pushed religion down my throat. They allowed me to take whatever path I want. Some kids in school told me that God was our everything. I asked my teacher about God and he believed in it to and convinced me to become Christian. I went to church for the first time and said fuck it cuz they wouldn't let me watch Harry Potter.

• Well for one where do you consider eternal joy and two their are Christians who believe in annihilation. So maybe atheist are not going to eternal torment/suffering. They could just cease to exist.

• There is no proof in the afterlife so I don't believe in one

• I am Buddhist, but I want to be Christian so. People can disagree. I will accept their opinions as they have their own free choice so yeah there you go um. :).

• I'm atheist but I got a question who religion would I have to follow to go to this so called eternal joy place which you speak of.

• If you're believe in god just because of this reason, sorry bro but you will burn in hell.

• No you will burn in hell howard stern for being on the American Idol and Americas got talent, that is the biggest sin ever

• There are tens of thousands of different gods, you have the same odds as an atheist.

• Your diagram completely ignores that the chances of "Eternal Joy" are almost none.

• Because common sense.

• Would you rather they worship satan, or is everything that is non-god the same to you?

• Either way they are going to hell, unless they accept Jesus

• I'm going to pretend that you actually care about other people's lives and don't just want to force your religion onto other people: So, the best thing you can do, is to not care. You will honestly just turn more people OFF of your religion with these ramblings that anything else.