Can you please tell me what are some ways to make a crying baby stop crying?

And possibly fall asleep..

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• Find out why it's crying. Does it need changing? is it hungry? Has it got colic? Is it too hot? too cold? if it has a diaper (?) with pins, is one undone and sticking in the baby?

• give it a bottle, something to suck on. feed it.

• Babies cry because they are hungry, they have a messy diaper, they are sick, or they want to be picked up and held. It's easy to feed them and change their diaper. If that doesn't fix it, you pick them up and hold them; ricking chairs are great for this purpose. If that doesn't work, baby may be sick.

• pacifier i guess

• Don't murder it! :(

• Well none of my ideas are legal so...

• Hold them close walk them around while you holding them against your body with their head at your neck making a shhh sound while patting their back and bouncing your legs a little.

• Give it the bottle i guess?

• Hold them close and move gently. Put your cheek on their forehead so they feel comforted. And don't be awkward, babies can sense awkward baby holders lol.

• Feed it...

• Shove your tit in its mouth although it would be awkward if you're a baby sitter.

• do aomething use ur motherhood instincts.

• I have no experience and I don't even know when his mother will be back! :(
      I should probably try to contact his dad.

• Oh I see! putting the baby to sleep also works some time. I have a nephew and know one or two things. Try it and let me know. I mean good luck!

• Duct tape and Benedril.

I'd be a terrible father... 😂

What Girls Said 8

• Milk and a pacifier.

• Cradling him and gently bouncing him usually works for me. Especially if I also put the passie in his mouth.

If he's due for another bottle though, then the reason he's crying is obvious (the little boy I babysat would cry every four hours on the nose for his bottle). In that case, it's time for a feeding!

• Feed them, change their diaper... If that's not the case then distract them (depending on age) a newborn may be harder to distract so I would try rocking them in your arms or snuggling them. Maybe let them go to sleep on top of you, my nephew enjoyed that. You can place them in a crib right after that

• Try to distract the baby by jiggling some keys or something. When babys focus on something, then they most likely stop crying :)

• Is he/she changed and fed?

• Play something soothing. Walk around caring them

• In movies, they give cough sirup.. I don't think it's a good idea though.

• show them something shiny