I want to be a teacher but I don't excel in any lessons?

I really want to help young people like me and help them like teachers have helped me. the thing is i am not particularly skilled in one lesson. i would like to be a teacher and im prepared to go to university but i really dont know what to do and if anyone has some advise then id be happy to hear it

I'm going to be an English teacher!

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to excel to become a teacher. In fact most teachers are people who didn't do well in school otherwise they'd be working in higher paying jobs e. g accounting, architecture, etc. However I do acknowledge that this is not always true.

To be a good teacher does not necessarily mean you have to do well in school, school tests your ability to memorize and be responsible but does not really test your intelligence or thinking ability.

It's your love for children, your passion and interest for teaching the young generation and the future leaders that really determines where you're going to get.

Remember, the best teachers teach from the heart, not the textbook.

"Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach" - Aristotle

• thank you

• cause I'm good at it and i enjoy it, i like reading and its the one thing i can do. i understand shakespeare and i want to do English

• Well... Best wishes for your future endeavors ;D

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter if you excel on any lesson or not. You just need to work hard and have the passion to teach and be of help. That's enough. Keep fighting for what you want, don't allow your doubts to stop you. You can if you believe you can :)

What Guys Said 3

• isn't there any lesson where u are a little bit better?

• not really, i wish there was but i just seem to be average at everything

• I am a teacher. just follow your dream, and I am sure you will be brilliant at it

• Okay, what did you like the most in school?

What Girls Said 2

• You don't have to be an amazing student to be a teacher. My history teacher didn't do that amazing in school but he was passionate and really wanted to do it. Now he's a great teacher

• You can go to school
    To become a teacher. That's what my mom wants to do.

• yeh except i don't know what to teach

• You want to work with people your own age. ?

• well i won't be a teacher till I'm older but i need to work out a path way to get there, college and uni