Wasp turns prey into zombies... thoughts?

Wasp turns prey into zombies...thoughts?

It was discovered last year I guess, but it's just now being spotlighted in the news for some reason. It turns it's prey into zombies, and then eats it alive. Pretty messed up, if you ask me.

From this article: "Dementor wasps inject venom into cockroach prey, right in the belly, rendering it a "passive zombie,""

As far as I'm concerned, Thailand can keep this thing. Regular wasps are scary enough.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• if THAT scares you, then i should keep my mouth shut about the zombie fungus called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis.
    Essentially it attacks ants. If an ant is infected, the fungus goes for the brain as it ages and takes controll (making the ant act like a zombie). When the fungus is fully grown, it makes the ant go for a suitable place the fungus can spread further. Then the ant dies.

source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis

• Yet another thing that is in Thailand, so, I'm cool.

• Well, it takes ONE mutation for that crap to target humans. ONE mutation
      And humans are so similar in genetic structure that it'd most likely be able to infect all ethnicities.

Sounds fun. And it's all possible if one single mutation happens.

• Oh, that's not so bad. Just compare it to the giant hornet, they've killed a few people. And now it's time for some pictures

global3.memecdn.com/...your-god-now_fb_1611697.jpg

weknowmemes.com/.../...re-bros-hornets-are-not.jpg

funnyfilez.funnypart.com/.../..._mother_nature.jpg

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

oh, I'll add the last one as a bonus

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../176.jpg

In summary, wasps are wankers

• I... hate... wasps...

I'm allergic to wasp stings. First time I got stung in my lower arm, entire lower arm covered in red bumps. Second time in the side of my head. Became all swollen and couldn't open my left eye for half a week, so if you see a zombie that's constantly bumping into stuff then that's most likely me! 😂

• FUCK WHY WORLD?
    FUCK!!!

Two days ago I was dreaming about being stung by a massive wasp/bee.

TODAY THEY RELEASE THIS?
    FUCK WHY?

• oh fuck NOPE

• media3.giphy.com/media/12IvwVD4jd7CvK/giphy.gif

NOOOO. I HAVE A F*CKING PHOBIA OF WASPS. THIS WOULD DRIVE ME INTO INSANITY IF ONE OF THOSE FLEW THROUGH MY WINDOW.

• It gives me the heebs and/or jeebs just reading about it. But I'm fascinated... so I can't stop haha

• When one flew into my room the other day I hid under my bed covers. Then I grabbed a lighter and a spray and burnt it to death. :'(

They serve no damn purpose, they're just evil.

• Well, based on Dead Rising, you just need to spontaneously produce a jar from somewhere and you can capture them.

• If I ever go to Thailand I'll be sure to pack a suitcase exclusively for jars. 😝

• scary... i'd not try it

• Mmmm it would make for some good medicinal stew.

• I definitely could have gone the night without seeing this 😳

• Am I the only one who finds it beautiful and fascinating?

• Daymn that's scary stuff

• sounds like its just drugging its prey with its venom its not like its some sort of virus

• That's pretty cool

• Why would you post something like that?
    😦

• They're all the way in Thailand so don't worry - Hell, I'm Vietnam right now and I don't care.

• Really? Where? Cause I've been looking for Zombies to hunt. hehehehe

• It just paralyzes it you moron

• What your point?

What Girls Said 1

• Many animals possed venom that incapacitates the victim. Some can completely paralyze you.

Its a fucked up world