Do any teenagers out there often feel they are misunderstood by parents?

For example, we naturally get grumpy and hormonal because of the increase in hormones. Do you feel parents misunderstand us?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a common thing, yes, all teenagers will go thought the "my parents don't understand me" stage.
    With the change in hormone levels effecting emotion and our emotional stability it often feels like an emotional roller coaster and so part of us don't want out parent's to understand us...
    I go though that thought prossess a lot and my parents find it annoying as I have 2 older sisters who acted the same at my age.
    Don't ever forget that your parents were teenagers too and went though the same thing, so if you really have a problem you should talk to them... They maybe boring adults, but they probally can still help

• But even though they were teens once they still act as if they don't understand.

What Guys Said 6

• most of em... sure most of em!

• I think every teenagers felt that - Back in the day probably did myself.

• Damn, straight!

• I feel that way everyday

• When I was a teen like 10 years ago I used to feel misunderstood it's a phaze we all go through

• Isn't that like 65% of being a teenager?

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes, I used to.

• Most teenagers feel that way. It depends on your parents though. Sometimes they can recognize hormonal behaviour and sometimes they can't.

• Mine can but they end up taking it the wrong way.