How important does someone have to be before they are assassinated, instead of murdered?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• 56 and important

• I think you just need to be a public figure of some sort

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M KINDA CONFUSED BUT NOT SURE ON WHAT THOUGH

• when someone is killed by another, its known as murder. however, if a famous person is murdered, its called an assassination. they mean the same. my question is how famous does one have to be before their murder is called an assassination.

• I GUESS THE PUBLIC OR WORLD HAS TO KNOW YOU AND THEN ITS CALLED ASSASSINATION

What Guys Said 5

• You'd probably have to have enough political power to make corporate and banking exploitation more difficult.
    Every politician in power who ever worked to putting the power where it belongs, with the people, has been assassinated.
    Basically, people who could actually make a difference, by instating true democracy, instead of plutocracy rule.

• assassins don't give a shit

• I know they don't, but the act of killing someone is known as murder. However, only important people who are murdered are known as being assassinated.

• nothing is true, everything is permitted.

• If you have a goal which intimidate strong or many people (usually irrational) and you are doing really in your journey to reach it.

• Important enough to have their murder be calculated by a group of people.

• that's almost every murder that occurs in america. in another country with more murders i assume it would be different but in america, almost every person murdered is talked about on tv shows and investigated by cia

• No most murders were the plan of one person. An assassination requires the planning of a group of people in my deinition

• oh i misread your answer. i thought u meant investigated by a group of people.

• John Lennon, Abraham Lincoln, John F Kennedy. just as important as those kind of guys