I'm buying a used car tomorrow and I was wondering what things should I look for?

I'm buying a used car tomorrow and i was wondering what things should i look for? and any tips, it will be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're getting a loan, you should watch for high interest rates. Credit Unions have much LOWER interest rates than banks and you can sometimes find special promotions for cars that finance through them.

Also, I would also ask for the Carfax to view the vehicle history.

The mileage. I wouldn't want a car with 100,000 miles on it.

• done those already, i was asking more towards the engine and body and that type o stuff (sorry i didn't mention it in the question)

What Girls Said 3

• If you don’t know much about cars, try to take someone who does know a thing or two, or invest in the services of an independent vehicle inspection. Also a must to do thing is to check a used car through online service to get a vehicle history report. Most important, don’t let your heart rule your head and trust your instincts.

• um... @johnson123 help

• only thing I can think of is have them show you the carfax.

• just look all around it and make sure its good.

What Guys Said 2

• -mileage
    -can you contact the previous owner? How many owners had it?
    -brakes, how good are they, does the car pull right or left in a panic stop?
    -shock absorbers Does the car pump, bottom?
    -steering: if you don't hold the wheel, does the car go straight on or does it veer?
    -compression of the engine.
    -oil leaks.

• how much does it cost?