Education: How do so many people not know the difference between Hispanic and Latino? Or the difference between race, nationality and ethnicity?

I always see people on here using the terms as if race,, ethnicity and nationality are exactly the same which they aren't. ..

Nationality - The country you were born in Ethnicity - The culture you inherit. One can be Latino but not Hispanic but you can be Latino and Hispanic in most cases. Any race can be Hispanic or Latino so long as they're born into the culture. Race - should be obvious

Hispanic Originates From the land of Hispania which is in Spain. A predominating white country.

Latino originates from a small tribe in Italy known as the "Latins" that eventually gave rise to the roman empire.

Cultures that inherit from them with their language and customs through it being brought inherited these definitions. Argentinians are predominantly white for example whereas many puerta Ricans aren't but they're both Hispanic and Latino.

Brazil is Latino but not Hispanic.

Most Helpful Girl

• THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You don't understand how much it grinds my gears when people think or say race/ethnicity is the same.

• It annoys me too lol. Especially on race questions where they ask which ethnicity they'll date

or they say "i like all ethnicities" which actually doesn't answer the questions because the questions are usually about race and not ethnicity.

You could like an ethnicity but not like the race

• Exactly a color cannot litterally define our skin tone. I mean for peat sake I'm black but people often mistake that based off of my skintone.

No one is actually black, white, brown, red, or yellow.

• Whoops. I meant that last comment for the user that thinks skin darkness defines Hispanic. But in glad you're educated on the topic. Just a little pet peeve of mine.

It annoys me when people keep using the wrong definition of words that become the norm. ..

What Girls Said 1

• people are very ignorant.

What Guys Said 2

• latinos r a little bit drker than hispanic people no?

• yes I'm hispanic and latino