What's the difference between bio psychology and biology?

Are they very similar?
any science majors on here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Biology :the study of living organisms, divided into many specialized fields that cover their morphology, physiology, anatomy, behaviour, origin, and distribution.
    the plants
    Bio psychology :is a branch or type of psychology that brings together biology and psychology to understand behavior and thought. Biological psychology looks at the link between biology and psychological events such as how information travels thoughout our bodies (neural impulses, axons, dendrites, etc.), how different neurotransmitters effect sleep, dreams, and other behaviors,

What Guys Said 5

• Oh! Me me!
    I'm a biology major! And bioinformatics (that's probably not very interesting).
    They are vastly different. Some overlap, but vastly different.

• Who j is easier?

• Ah. I see.
      I mean, yeah, I think you have to be smart for any science major, but bio is heavy on memorizing. Not 100%, but very heavy on memorizing. Still need some understanding though.

At my school (I go to a private college in Illinois) this is the coursework:
      BIO 101/102, genetics, cell biology along with labs and a whole list of electives (some can be difficult).
      Chem 101/102, Orgo, biochemistry with labs
      Phys 101/102 with lab
      Calc 101/102

Yep. That's the gist of it!

• Oh! Add ecology to the list...

• Biological psychology is concerned with the biological nature of the processes of the brain, whereas biology is concerned with life in general.

• biology's kinda easier i believe

• Psychology is the study of behavior, while biology is the study of a specie's physical make up.

• Many stuff!

What Girls Said 2

• Physiology is the study of how living things function while biology is the study of life and living organisms.

• "reading" is a skill in which one can interpret the symbols of a language accurately. In the case of you reading this question... you failed Hahaha just teasing you.

• I only had like 2 hours of sleep when I answered the question, I misread it horribly.

• very similar.