Do you pay attention to where your money goes monthly?

I didn't used to, but I was kind of forced to sit down and write all my finances on paper today and it's like... a big eye opener. For instance, I hadn't realized it, but I spend roughly $79 a month on recreational bills (PS+, Spotify, Photoshop, Netflix, the gym).

And every month I lose about $414.38 to ALL my bills. So, safe to say, when I got home from work tonight I cancelled everything except for my PS+ and gym membership... only because the gym membership costs $50 to cancel and I don't have that kind of money right now.

I didn't realize it would be, but it's such a weight off my shoulders cancelling all of those unnecessary "fun" services and knowing I'll have at least a good bit more left of my paychecks now.

SO do you keep track of that shit or do you mindlessly spend your money? Do you have the luxury to not have to worry about it, or do you have to be a penny pincher too?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Well... Hmm. I have to pay 300 dollars in bills every month. So gotta keep track of that.
    Other than that, I'm pretty free spending. I do have two bank accounts though, and as soon as the money goes in savings, it isn't allowed to be transferred out. So yeah!

• not at all... guess most of em goes in basic things LOL

• Yes, I do.

• i do yeah. what helped me was when i started investing some of my money. I keep track of it more often because the incentive for me is to invest more of it so i can make more money in the long run!

• No I don't, because there's not money to pay attention for in the place lol.

• Yes, for sure i got make sure every bit of money
    is accounted for i pay Water, Gas, Sewage, Electric
    plus house taxes property/ school taxes yeah i got
    stretch out every bit to make sure i know what's going out
    what will be left over.. i know i credit you for being your age
    and being worried about your bills cause it can all add up
    that's good thing to do cause i know that bank account goes
    down.

• I pay attention daily

• I budget properly!

• This was a good thing to learn. I have very few expenses, but a terrible income. I try and only spend cash so that I see everything that goes in and out. But I also live a very simple lifestyle.

Always remember, love is free! Weed is not :(

• Not really, I don't keep track of what I spent. All I know is that I'm paying a lot each month. I only probably make a savings of $250-500 each month because I'm paying for my new car, condo and so fort...

• Not at the moment no, because all my spending money comes from my family, but I'm going to keep really good track of it starting this fall.

• Yes, even though it's hard because I use credit cards.

• Think about it a good portion of your check goes to the gov and what are they doing with the money? They are giving it to those that came here illegally including your social security benefits owe to you. They are fleecing tax payers left and right.

• I have the luxury to not worry about that for now, but when I get out there and spend money, I make sure it's what I want. I try not to waste it.

What Girls Said 8

• I... don't have bills.

I live with my parents. I pay only for the gas for my truck and any "fun" things I want. Which isn't much. I am an intense penny pincher. I horde and invest my money I earn at work. So when I move out next year I should be set.

Also I absolutely mooch Netflix off my boyfriend's family's account.

• Yes and no. I'm terrible at budgeting. I keep up with where my money goes but it's almost always on a whim.

• Ugh, I don't watch where my money goes, and I should. I have terrible money management skills. I need to practice.

• Yeah, definitely something I wish I would have started doing when I was younger instead of recklessly spending.

• I should keep track but I don't :'(

• I try to budget for my bills, but I haven't actually sat down and analyzed what I spend monthly. I don't even want to know how much money I spend at Starbucks.

• I don't keep track of what I spend! :( I don't have to worry about money but I should though, it's a smart thing to do!

• I've been keeping track of my total expenditures lately, but not what its specifically going to.

• As I grew up I started having to do that.