To white American women, what are some reasons why you divorce?

So I'm really curious as to why America has 40-50% divorce rates, and excuse me for being stereotypical (NOT racist), but I find that it is very much often among white couples.

It's just that I saw One More Night by Maroon 5, and I felt so sorry for the wife. The husband was kinda and caring to the baby but he was unknowingly underappreciating his wife. It was so sad for both people. :(

I love how only men answered the question :D

Most Helpful Guy

• It has nothing to do with being white or American for that a lot of people get married way to young, or to early in a relationship and go into it with a mindset that love will conqueror all. Other times they get married right out of high school and have neither the education or the money required to support themselves let alone a family. Among other reasons, this extends to all races, whites, blacks Asians, the reason you never hear of divorce in arranged marriages is because for one in the middle east it is impossible for a women to divorce her husband and two if it is just simply an arranged marriage and not as strictly traditional like the middle eastern ones then it is possible for them to divorce but doing so risks being disowned by your own family and thrown out among other things.

What Girls Said 2

• Probably due to people getting married way to soon in the relationship. That or they change mentally after they are married.

• My parents got divorced because my dad is a dick. Nuff said

What Guys Said 5

• I got a feeling in a conservative society even when a spouse is abusive , for fear of violating social expectation and the feeling of divorcing themselves into perpetual solitude because in such societies divorcees are usually looked down upon...

As much as spouses hate each other they will still "stay together".

I could be wrong tho.

Also , come on. It's a song. It's dramatized.

• I don't regard divorces as something really bad. They can be, of course, painful for one or both partners, I'm not denying that. However, there are also painful relationships and sometimes breaking up is the best thing you can do. People change over time and sometimes this change is not in accordance with your significant other. If you talk about it and decide breaking up is best for both of you, I see no reason why people should remain together forever if they don't want to.

I can't really comment about white couples in America cause I'm from Slovenia and we have a very small non-white population here.

• If you had to give one main reason why women seek divorce, it would be this:
    www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

It will happen , regardless of whether her partner is a better man than ever before.
    It will happen, regardless of how much she loved him in the beginning.
    It will end 52% of marriages, and eventually ruin half those that don't end in separation.

• Feminism has allowed a women with nothing to enter a relationship and take everything the man has, including children.

• Because they can divorce while keeping kids, family home and still getting a big portion of spouses income.