IF you were terribly unhappy at your job and you desperately wanted to quit, but the chances of getting another job were so slim, would you stay?

Would you keep the job that's making you miserable?
Or
Would you quit and work really hard at every job opportunity you come across?
Imagine you're living in a country where getting a job - especially with a college degree - is extremely difficult because the government favors nepotism.
What would you do?

• Quit and work towards something better.
  • Stay - gotta survive so I can, eventually, be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stay while applying for other jobs :)

• Yeajh... but I'm not finding anything. :(

• Oh :( I am not sure how it is there but usually bakerys are always in need of workers and they pay quite well if you work in the early morning.

• Thank you for MHO, I really hope you'll find a new job! Xx

What Guys Said 16

• " So, eventually, be happy? "
    What's up with that mindset?
    You shouldn't be relying on luck or whatever it is for your happiness.
    Yeah, life's hard, getting jobs is not as easy as in the past, but in YOU are unhappy, and you know the reason why you're unhappy, whu don't you do something about it?
    We're talking about your happiness you know, itsw something we all dream of.
    Maybe you'll be unemployed for some time, yes, but what about the fact that you will be able to take a break from all the BS you've been through?
    Stand up for yourself :)

Hope the best for you,
    Almageste

• I'd stay while looking for a new job. I currently hate every place I work at due to the culture, mainly white people there's NO diversity, and the fact that I stand in place. Either I'm sitting down or moving around, my ankles are already screwed as is, I can't be standing in place.

• Unfortunately keep the job until you have another one lined up. You can work hard at getting a job all you want, but if you find yourself in a position where no jobs are available month after month, and your money starts to run dry, that's a far worse situation to find yourself in.

• Given the economic crises, probably staying would be the only valid option... opportunities on the job market are rare :-(

• I know more people who are a afraid leave their job because of the income security than take the risk of quitting an searching for something they would like or want to do. It's amazing how many people get stuck in jobs they hate, because of fear or the loss of interest to look for better.

• You cannot leave without getting a new one because you lose your edge to get a job on YOUR terms. Never do that.

• You should always have a new job lined up prior to quitting a job. It's a lot easier to find a job when you're employed than unemployed.

• Can't you work and take courses online? Don't quit the job until you find something better

• I work as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) and I'm taking courses online bridging for my RN (Registered Nurse) degree.

• I guess you may not have the options to quit, but you can work on your job to save enough money to change your career

• Yeah... I'll look for something else while working, I suppose...

Thank you for your answer. =)

• Have been in such a situation. Have been really unhappy but stayed because it is not easy to find something else.

• But it made me feel so unhappy i couldn't search for something when i finshed work

• Hand out resumes to find a new job.. give your 2 weeks or just quit the moment you get hired.

• id try to find a new job while continuing to work the one i hate

• U need a paycheck every monyh so use this job as a steeping stone while u look for a better one. a lot of people in the same boat and if u quit your job before u find s better one u might find yourself working the same crap job anyway or destitute.

• you should never quit a job until you are sure you have one already lined up

• You should not quit a job if you will be unemployed because then you will be worse off.

• It's hard to risk when you have kids.

• I would quit. Life is too short to do things you don't like.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd stay and look for something.

• Start searching for another job but stay as long as you don't find another job.

• I am kind of in this situation now. I choose to stay first for few months, till I got a better job. I dare not to take any risk because I need to survive.

• I know what you mean. Best to keep looking while working, I suppose.

• I'm still applying for other jobs but so far I haven't received any call yet :/

• Neither. I would plan ahead: find a job that would make me happy and then quit.

• It's simple you apply for others jobs whilst you are still working then new you get the new one quit the old one. Don't just leave one job when you haven't got another one to go to.

• Keep it and pray that I find something else.