Is it rude if I won't send my pen pal a 5 Euro note?

So I am on a website where I found someone to exchange letters with, it is a girl from Sri Lanka.
She is not really my pen pal because it is only a one-time-thingy.
She asked me to put finnish bank notes into the letter because she already has coins (so Euro) but in my opinion 5€ is quite a lot considering it is just a one-time thing and she is not even my friend.
I don't know how to say that I don't want to do this.
I don't want to appear stingy and greedy :(

Thank you all :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Simply tell her you aren't comfortable with sending her money. If she wants paper back notes that bad she can come get them or send you some money to exchange and send back. You don't owe her anything. :-)

What Guys Said 6

• 5€ is $6
    Not that much. A sandwich and a coffee here.

• No, it's not rude. It's your right not to send money to strangers. But are you willing to send it to me? (I've got a good sense of humor and I like travelling)

• Hahahah sure, I don't see why I shouldn't support your hobby :D disclaimer: 5€ won't do much

• that's great news. I will happy to receive your 5 euros in my mailbox asap

• Really finland? really?

• if its a one time thing she could be a scam artist

• I don't think so.. she seems to be really nice and we've even skyped like 2 days ago

• send her the money its not a huge sum

• Probably just a con artist asking that same thing to multiple people. Don't bother in my opinion.

• lol if she does that with a dozen others too thats an easy way to get some money

What Girls Said 4

• Don't send money to anyone. Especially if you don't even know them.

• Not rude at all, you have no obligations whatsoever to send money to strangers.

• It is most likely a scam.

• I wouldn't send her the money