My eyesight is shitty and I'm feeling bad about it, what to do?

So, I'm a (currently) -6.0 and -7.0 girl. Those are not THAT bad, since my doctor told me about that -33 guy they did surgery on and got normal vision. But I know my eyesight will get worse and worse (up to -10 when I'm around my 40's according to him-I'm 19 now) and even if you leave that slight fear of going blind to a side, not being able to see without glasses (I find contacts too risky) sucks. I can't see anything in full detail until I stick my face in it. Or get very near it if it's a big text. I feel like I'm failing at being a functioning human being. When I think about it, I get this terrible stomachache and my hands start to sweat, and I just want to go to bed but if I do I feel even more miserable about myself.

I'm not asking for medical advice, I'm already considering my options and I'll go to the ophtometrist in June again to see if I need new lenses (I didn't in February) and maybe talk about LASIK, but what I'm asking is how to stop this thing where my hands sweat and I feel physically ill because of this. And it's not ''think of a happy place''.

Updates:
I'm not asking for medical advice, don't tell me to get LASIK or not. I'm asking how to feel better about myself.
Enough is enough. READ THIS BEFORE ANSWERING: Don't tell me to go to the doctor or get surgery. I AM NOT ASKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE. I'm asking for tips on how to feel better about myself. READ THIS <<<<<<<

0|0
0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• - Try to look pretty (Glasses or not/ Contacts or not) and focus on getting better, and as the doctor described he thinks thing WILL get better.
    - Make it a source of jokes and joey between family and friends ( or cosplay?).
    - Sticking your face in a thing will also make you smell it.
    - Sight prefect is not a measure of the persons achievements or happiness. It is a test for you, and requires acceptance.
    PS: There are moments of my life where I wish I had broken glasses at a time.
    PPS: Wash those hand or wear gloves, and stay cool. <.<

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.