Why are there so many anonymous users?

I do not understand why there are so many anonymous users do that many people not have the guts to show who they are or what why are so many people on this site using anon accounts whats so bad about having an account?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cuz' they're not as awesome as you. Duh.

What Girls Said 6

• That is why usually I don't allow anon when I ask a question. You stand behind what you think or be quiet forever :-)

• I have no idea but maybe they just feel nervous or embarrassed about their question/ opinion?

• There aren't. Its just a feature on here that you can post anonymous. A lot of people misuse it. And tbh I don't see the point of it - there are so many cowards who will say stuff but only if they are using the anon feature lol

• I think it's a way to protect your privacy, like to some people coming onto a website like this and exploiting your private life or sexual life might be a bit intimidating, so doing it behind anonymous kind of gives them a sense of relief that they'll receive the advice they need yet not give away who they are

• I'm not always anon, but I am sometimes because I get creepy PMs.

• Why would it be a concern when I don't think they would be the ones catfishing you. :)

• whats that supposed to mean?

• 1 I am in a relationship 2 If i was i would have been reported and had my account deleted by now lol

• You are dramatic.

What Guys Said 9

• its the internet, in the end who gives a shit :P

• Not everyone wants their posts to be tracable back to a profile name.

I don't see the big deal about another anonymity layer on a forum... unless u want to stalk them and your stalky plans have been thwarted. :-P

• Well usually they are the same people who lie in real life too :)

• hahhahaha they don't wanna ruin their name rep i guess... personally i never go anon 8)

• They all have accounts, but they choose to be anon in those questions of opinions.
    Some use it for privacy (specially people who use their real names and picture), and I find that O. K. Others misuse it to troll or spread hate.

• I don't know and I don't really care

• It's the internet, everyone's anonymous.

• To protect yourself from crazy fuckers on GAG.

• I actually talk to some people on here daily and are good friends with them, there are some things I'd just rather not have them know.