Do you, or have you, ever self harmed?

If so, why? How did you get through it? I'm currently experiencing a rough patch and am having a hard time. :/

This is NOT advocating self harm, nor am I looking for tips on self harming. I'm simply looking for some support

Most Helpful Guy

• I never physically self harmed but I drank and took prescription drugs to dangerous levels which is technically self harming.

• How did you stop?

• I would explore all the support options because essentially it is a negative coping device and you must find more positive ones. I had a quick google and there is a lot of info out there try this link.

www.helpguide.org/.../cutting-and-self-harm.htm

• Thanks

What Guys Said 4

• never, and never will

• no i would never self harm do not do it talk to people

• Yes, a few times. But not really severe like cutting myself.

• Never and never will! There's nothing to gain from it.

What Girls Said 5

• No. It wouldn't make me feel better to be in pain constantly.

• I have in the past.

• No... your doctor will tell you It's linked to mental illness tho... your talk like you think your normal, it's not normal to harm yourself... your body is busy working hard to keep you alive... sounds like schizophrenia, you need meds ASAP

• I don't know if that counts but I used to scratch myself, pick on my skin and burn myself with hot-boiling water.
    I learned to cope with the self-harm urges. For example I would just hold a cold block of ice or snap a wristband.

• yes i have.

• How did you get through it? Or are you still struggling with it?

• i didn't like seeing the constant physical reminders of my emotional scars. i've stopped but i struggle with not doing it when i'm sad or angry, so i try to distract myself when i feel this way.