I don't get noticed on dating websites?

Does that mean i'm ugly? No one messages me or anything. Other girls when they upload a pic they get loads of likes, i got none :(

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be any number of things. What you wrote (or didn't write) on your profile, how you wrote it and what it implies about you (are you painting yourself in a good or bad light?), the quality of the picture you used, whether or not you are smiling, whether it's just a picture of you or you in a group (don't use group photos)... it's really hard to say with what you've told us.

But I would NOT automatically assume that you are ugly. It could just be that you aren't setting up your profile well.

• I just joined and added pictures of just me by myself. No one liked it or messaged me. Other girls get loads.

• I just feel like people always say girls get loads of messages etc, so it must mean i'm hideous.

• I think most people don't know how to truly place themselves in another person's shoes.

Don't compare yourself to other people. Compare yourself to you. If you make X change to your profile, how many more people will respond? That's the attitude you should adopt--other people's results don't matter. As long as you do something that might improve yours, who cares what's happening with other people?

Make a change, see it if boosts responses. If it doesn't, make another change. If it does, now change something else. Just minor little tweaks until you get the results you want.

What Guys Said 9

• A decent picture and/or a well written profile go a long way. Study you pray and competition to get some ideas

• I had the same problem... few people in their late 30's are single and one or another way I didn't manage to find a girl. I tried for months in a row!

• do u have any pics of yerself?

• I've got the same problem... dating sites are full of fake profiles. And the few guys that are real only look for hookups. The only real girls (in my experience) are fat teen moms

• Do you upload pics of yourself on dating sites? profiles with pics get more attention

• Hmm you should upload a pic of yourself here so we can judge :O

• pics please

• Could be or it could be a bad pic?

• It might do, without a pic though it's just speculation.

What Girls Said 4

• I need to see your prof and the way your pics are taken first before I would give you a proper answer

• What did you write on your profile?
    Certainly not "murderess looking for fellow serial killer to start family with"... I hope

Either way, don't worry about it. Dating sites are filled with perverts and creeps, they'll find you eventually.

• Maybe it's just an unflattering or poor quality photo? Have you tried a different one?

• you just have bad luck.