How can you see in someone's eyes if someone is lonely and hiding it?

I am a little lonely and kinda feel that emptiness in my chest but I don't talk about to people and hide it. No one has really noticed or commented on it if they have. I was shocked when I was at work and an older woman the age of my grandma who I never talked to asked me what's wrong with me. I said "I'm just tired" and took the tables orders and kept working ( I work in a restaurant). When she left her tip she wrote a letter on the check which said that she could see in my eyes im lonely. Everyone has a period of their life where their confused and lost and you feel the way you do for a reason and its will all be okay. I was so creeped out and confused by the sequence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw that sounds kind of weird but I'm sure she meant well.

I don't know, definitely if I know someone well I can tell if they're upset, with a stranger I suppose it's possible if I was really paying attention.

I'm sorry that you feel lonely :( *cuddles*

• Its fine I've come to the realization I have some many aquantences and everywhere I go someone knows me but I dont have that one close friend or girlfriend to go to when I just need to talk. Its a lot of built up stress that I haven't got off my chest.

• Well I want to date a girl I can see myself marrying one day. I don't know the future I could die on my way to work today who knows? I want to go onto a potential relationship knowing this is the girl who may have my kids, share a bed with me, be my cuddle buddy, and be my better half. Its really sad actually seeing all these guys I dormed with gone it feels like all the younger freshmen think college is the time you make life long friends and its not its when you party and make fake ones.

• Aw that is sad :( . I hope my Uni experience doesn't end up being like that :/ . I don't know, I'm not the type to go out clubbing etc. (I don't drink, so) so maybe the people I'm friends with aren't really the same crowd

That's pretty cute that you're looking for the person you want to share your life with :') . That's me too I suppose, though I'm not all that fussed whether we're actually married or just live together, and I never want kids

What Girls Said 5

• She's a sensitive as am I. She is right on track👍

The art of clairvoyance a blessing at times a curse.

• Can you further what clairvoyance is lol. She is right in track to what?

• You are going through a point in life of saddness, particularly lonliness...

Clairvoyance being about to "see" things. Deeper than intuition. It can almost pin point the exact situation...

• No matter how much you think your hiding it. Body language and eye contact never lies. Plus tone of voice and you give off the vibe still just some people are better at picking it up than others.

• Its weird though she left me a great tip and all but still I was kinda taken off guard.

• Well that sucks lol im self conscious now.

• Don't be not everyone can pick up on the vibes people give off. Plus it's good to know even strangers will worry about if your ok. :)

• It's a woman's intuition.

• Well no one else commented on it not even my female friends.

• That lady is empathetic and compassionate. ;P

• The eyes are the window to the soul.

• 1. Wisdom comes with age.
    2. Some people have third eye abilities and are more psychic than others. I pick up lots of things that I shouldn't normally know.

What Guys Said 5

• This should really tell you people something. It's called having a heart which most don't seem to have anymore. Some of my female friends saw it, but might not have put together why. People have this independent garbage crap where they believe that "Oh, that guy/girl just wants to be alone and doesn't care for a relationship"

-HA, YEAH RIGHT!!

• Some of my female friends saw it... "back in high school"

• Well I don't want that skill then cause it sounds like a distraction. It was just a weird night cause I was acting really happy and social cause servers must fake their personality.

• It's not a skill, it's just common sense. I'm not perfect at it though.

• I wish I could but lonely persons will take a week or more to say it. I knew one who only said it after I knew her for 10 years.

• I believe you can see how people are feeling in their eyes.

• if that someone's lonely guess he would avoid any eye-contact... no?

• Well no I mean I have to put on a fake happy personality to serve cause I need to be energetic and approachable for tips.

• They usually don't look you in the eye when they feel like that.