How can I convince my mom to let me get my tongue pierced?

i've offered to pay for it.
she says mabey every time i ask
her excuses are dumb

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her you want to talk about it. When you ask why you can't get it done, tell her you want an actual reason so you can understand why she is against it. Then you will have to live with it.

What Guys Said 12

• You might not be able to and just have to wait till you're older

• I wouldn't let you until you left home. Too many health risks to you that, as a parent, I could not willingly ignore. That's why Mom is noncommittal; She isn't saying "No", but silently, she really is saying "No".

• Just wait until you're an adult. You probably won't even want it by then.

• difficult... is she conservative?

• You don't, because it looks dumb and makes the person with it look dumb.

• By realizing that it probably has a bunch of risks you have never read about.

• Just be direct with her and let her know exactly what you want and keep it simple

• maybe she had it and regrets it or is thinking about your future,

• Tell her you'll owe her one.

• your mom is doing you a favor.

• Hm, no idea, but I'll be checking on this question, cause I've wondered this too once

• By telling her you promise to get As.

What Girls Said 3

• there's no way your mom will let you pierce your tongue. Thats a piercing people do behind their parents' backs. lol
    Just wait until you are allowed to do it yourself and pay for it yourself. Who knows, by the time you're 18, you'd decide against it.

• She probably won't let you until you're older.

• Just tell her how much you want it. Make a deal, something like you'll get good grades if she lets you.