If you saw a burglar (or more) at a store, would you make it known openly?

Long ago, I had a discussion about this with my then boyfriend. While he would alert everyone there, I have my reason for remaining silent in that moment instead and trying minding my own business.. pretending I didn't see anything. If needed, I might an anonymous report but I'm not getting involved.

I wouldn't want that burglar or more then coming after me and possibly getting hurt for my opening my mouth. Or get shot for snitching on them in that manner. I'm looking out for myself. Besides, they are going to be caught sooner or later anyway. In this case, would you agree with my ex bf's stance or mine.

• Yes, I would alert everyone there
  • No, I would keep quiet and not get involved

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd citizens arrest them before opening my mouth. If you say something before apprehending them you're just alerting them more than anyone that they were just caught and that's when they whip out their 357 revolver and someones brains get splattered all over the fritos.

What Guys Said 7

• yeah sure... but wot if they didn't believe me? :|

• I'm a badass, hero. I would kick their asses. I don't fear death so I would have no problem going Die Hard.

• Sound the alert and multi-aggro

• Burglar or robber? HUGE DIFFERENCE

• Sure one breaks into houses many times (but can also break into stores too) and the other more into workplaces and offices. Still, both can steal at stores.

• OK you don't know shit. I've been in uniform for over 16 years. Don't think you can bullshit me.

• and I didn't ask for your major either

• if it doesn't threaten or hurt me then I'll mind my business

• I'd rather keep quiet in stuff I'm not involve in. It's a high risk I shouldn't take. :-/

• Yeah... I wouldn't want to end up harm or die because of that. I'm sure there have been cases were the snitcher got hurt in return because of that.

• Well I carry a gun, so I would not be so afraid for myself. I feel it my duty to help with the situation unless I would get shot.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I would alert them.