Is Bernie Sanders the answer to a lot of the U. S.'s problems?

A lot of people seem to think this guy is the change the U. S. needs. He is said to have no chance of winning, but the support I see for him appears to be snowballing (http://www.politicususa.com/2015/05/29/bernie-sanders-support-2016-republican-presidential-candidate-poll.html ). What do you think of him and his policies? All opinions are welcome, and I am particularly looking to hear from people who disagree with his policies and have more to say than "he's a socialist." Let's keep things civil and let me know what you think!

And if you have no idea who he is, here's a link to his facebook page where you can easily see more pictures like the one above that show what he's about: https://www.facebook.com/senatorsanders?fref=ts

• I would vote for him.
  • I would never vote for him.
  • I would prefer Hillary Clinton.

Most Helpful Girl

• This guy has had me listening real close since he proposed free university education. My current guess is Hilary with Bernie as her running mate esp since she's going for the youth vote.

www.thefrisky.com/.../

• Yeah I'm definitely supportive of free education. I doubt he would ever be Hillary's running mate though, and I I think I'd prefer to have him as a senator continuing to introduce legislation, than as a VP that doesn't really do all that much.

• It will def be interesting to see what happens!

• Yeah for sure!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he identifies as a socialist, then he is more honest, at least in that respect, than any President whom America has had recently.

America is moving in a catastrophic direction, the only likely variable being the speed. As a non-American, I am nonetheless worried about the global effects of this.

• Yeah he seems to be all about the honesty... which a lot of people say is political suicide... which I think is a pretty good indicator of where our political system is at the moment haha

What Girls Said 1

• I support what I've heard he stands for. If I were American, I'd vote for him.

What Guys Said 8

• He seems so legit that it makes me a little suspicious lol

• Right? Like I'm pretty sure politicians aren't allowed to be honest about everything lol

• Yep, unless you giving that Donald Trump "truth" smh

• Bernie sanders 2016!!!

• 1. There is just no way America is electing a socialist.
    2. As a college student there is nothing I'd like more than to see my debts eliminated. But his plans just do not make sense. WSJ did a report that showed his economic policies just did not add up.

He's an honest and well intended man. I totally respect that and I believe politics in general need more people as passionate and as principled as him. His economic policies just don't make sense however. That being said I do think campaign finance desperately needs reform and I'm glad he's brought that to the forefront!

• 1. He does better (and wins) in polls against republicans than Hillary
      2. He is backed by over 800 economists. You don't think maybe the WSJ might be a bit of a biased source considering how outspoken he is about how he's going after wall street?

I definitely agree with you other sentiments though. I think getting the money out of politics should be everyone's number one priority.

• Would you mind linking me to the WSJ article you are referring to? There are too many attacking him for me to know which one you are talking about. On the off chance it's the one about the $18 trillon cost: www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...nal-k_b_8143062.html

I respectfully disagree that Americans wouldn't elect a socialist. Everyone knows that's his platform because he proudly proclaims it, so I don't see how republicans touting that even more than they do now would make any difference. There's a reason he continues to gain supporters the more people learn about him.

Economics is essentially a social science. We can do our best to speculate what will happen but nobody really knows for certain how things will turn out, so I don't think anybody should say an idea that is backed by a large number of prestigious economists definitely wouldn't work.

• He is not a socialist, he is a capitalist who favors a strong safety net. you have been brainwashed by the establishment

• socialist? no bad i guess

• Im voting for rand paul

• He is a socialist. Kind of like the current guy who is bankrupting us.

• Well people do have solutions, but I guess it just comes down to opinions on whether or not the solutions will work. I don't think anyone can argue that the primary problem that needs to be fixed is how much of a control money has on politics, a problem that someone receiving money from huge corporations (unlike Sanders) would not do anything about. While corporations control our laws, banks will still gamble with our money, military spending will be sky high, etc and we will never fix the debt.

I understand his socialist policies are controversial, but I think he is the best hope to fixing the broken government, which is the first step to helping our nation.

• Dont' be brainwashed by fox news propaganda. His so called socialists policies were Eisenhowe's same policies who was a republican whose policies built the middle class. The same policies that embrace Scandinavia, who are among the happiest countries on earth

• Actually, I'd say his ideas are the source of U. S. problems.

• im not voting yet :)