Obsessive thoughts, can't get rid of them?

Hey! So this is going to seem really stupid but I have ocd ( getting treatment) so I do this whole " not being able to let go of thoughts " thing and it's really annoying. The past two years, it was mostly based around academic realted stuff, but like two days ago, I was working on my french assignment which was a story on my favourite hockey team that not many people know of where I live unless they watch hockey ( Chicago Black hawks, I live in toronto :P ).

So this girl that I dont like, who also doesn't watch hockey, asks to look at my assignment and before I could say anything to answer her, she takes it and starts going through it. After that I started getting uncomfortable with her knowing my team's logo even though she doesn't know the team's name.

The one thing I love about he Hawks jersey is the indian head. Now, everytime I look at it, it brings back the discomfort from her looking at it and I can't seem to "like it" anymore when the thought of her looking at it comes in. If I stay truly focused to my team, the whole obsession thing starts up again but then my mind diverts to te girl and I start not liking it.. I don't know if it makes sense. This has happened before for like math and stuff. I'd try to figure out the why reasons and when I do figure it out, I would be like " oh okay I got it now, I can forget about it" but I just can't stop thinking about it and the thought comes back and I keep feeling like I'm confused.

Anyways, how do I get out of this, not liking my team's jersey cause those thoughts keep coming back kind of thing, even though I love them. This sounds reallyy stupid but I'm not trolling. It was purely academic and now it's reaching other levels, I'm going to talk to my psychiatarist for sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmm... guess it'd be better 2 get rid of em so u can feel more relaxed...

What Guys Said 1

• Um... just be patient and don''t give a crap about these thoughts and they will go away. Keep on thinking them if you have to until your mind is fully satisfied.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah a psychiatrist is a good idea.