Religion vs Relation?

Do you know Jesus as your personal lord and savior?

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart from the fact that I have never had the pleasure to actually be given any kind of evidence for his existence, I also have to say that I can't remember him ever saving me. I had some rough times in my life and when I was a child, I even prayed to him. Nothing ever came back. Now I know you will say I didn't pray hard enough or I didn't pray the right way because that's the standard phrase religious people spew at you if they're not willing to reflect on their own position. So I'm just gonna say this: if there is any savior in my life, it's my girlfriend. She helped me through all the hardships. She is the one who's always been at my side - not jesus. And concerning the "lord" part: I find it appalling that so many people in a democratic country such as the US apparently want to have their own, personal lord. I do not. I am not a servant and not slave. I am a stanch democrat and thus reject any "lords", "dear leaders", "F├╝hrers" etc. I'm just as could as anyone else.

• I would go to say that you prayed the wrong way, and you may not believe, but God answers prayers In the way that is best for you. It may not always be what you want, but it's always what's best and will be answered over time

• No, no, I didn't call you racist. I don't think you are (at least I wouldn't know). I would never make that claim without a good reason. What I meant to say is that some of the stuff very religious people say is LIKE the stuff racist people say. That doesn't mean religious people are racist - but they can also be very arrogant/ignorant. See, lots of christians have felt sorry for me because I'm an atheist (and I felt like you also feel sorry for me). But the truth is: there's nothing to feel sorry about, because it's great and wonderful not having to care what some power hungry god thinks and whether he will punish me. It's incredibly liberating. I used the comparison with racism as an illustration. Most christians who are decent people would never in their lives say to a black woman "I feel sorry for you, it must be terrible to be black". or "I feel sorry for you that you're a woman" Yet, when it's about faith, religious people somehow think it's okay to belittle non-believers.

• I'm not trying to belittle you nor do I feel sorry for you. I can see were you are coming from. The only point of this post was to be able to talk to people that don't really get the chance to talk about this so that they could get the chance. Where your opinion is very different from mine I would like to share my beliefs with those who possibly don't believe in, or no god I wasn't trying to belittle you or anything just trying to help people in a way I feel is right

What Guys Said 10

• Jesus, the barman from the $5 sexy bar in Tijuana?

He certainly isn't.
    He just sells tequilla and 'other stuff'.
    But his little sister might have saved many 30 yo male virgins.

• I do believe in Jesus Christ, I love him and I respect him but I don't believe that he is my lord and savior, I don't believe that he is God or the son of God, I believe that he is a messenger who was sent by God to guide the sons of Israel.

• I have devoted my life to him, but I never understood how I was supposed to grow so close to someone who I've never even met or spoken with.

• Message me if you want my advice

• How am I supposed to do that if you're anon?

Maybe you could message me?

• Yes, I sure do! SO sad to see how many here do not...

• No I don't believe in that.

• I do, and i hope eventually everyone will have a relationship with Christ

• never met him :|

• You don't have to meet him to believe

• Well I've never had any physical evidence of his hypothetical existence. So no.

• You don't have to have evidence to believe

• ummm, nope.

• Haha, I read that and I was just like...

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lws5g1FB2a1qht847.gif

What Girls Said 6

• Yup... I do believe Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

• No I do not.

• No, my own personal lord and savior is myself, I don't believe in any type of religion.

• No, and honestly I don't want to at this point. I believe there is some sort of higher power, but I struggle with my faith. I prayed for years and went to church. I believed in the Bible... But nothing ever went right. In fact, it was just worse and worse.
    In just a 6 month period in my life: My fiance cheated on me and left me for a 15 year old. I was raped and the jerk got away with it. My best friend committed suicide. My car broke down which caused me to lose my job. I ended up living on the streets. I had a mental breakdown due to everything that was happening and was committed to a "crisis center." Jesus was nowhere to be found. He gave me no strength or hope. I have heard of even worse cases than mine too. I don't want to be blasted for not believing, but seriously if he existed, he wouldn't let that many bad things happen to good people. I am still recovering from all of that mess and it's been years. Don't get me wrong, I still carry morals, but I just can't accept him as anything at this point in my life.

It also doesn't help that most of the "Christians" I have met are hypocritical. I know that I can't blame all Christians for the mistakes of a few handfuls, but I live in an area where there happen to be a ton of these hypocritical types. They say they believe in the Bible and God's word, but they are judgmental and unforgiving. They preach hate on diversity instead of giving love and acceptance. None of us have a right to judge anyone. You are supposed to love thy neighbor, but this world is full of more hate and violence than anything. We judge and wage wars based on skin color, gender, religion, sexuality, and so many other things. That isn't what God would have wanted. I may not have much faith, but I still treat people with compassion and try to understand and accept people for who they are. It is hard to believe in a God when so many of his advocates spread hatred.

• That's a way to look at... but God only puts enough on you so that you can't handle it you fiance must not have been in God's plan. We all have things we struggle with, and no its not always easy, but God made the world so that people had free will that's why there is so much bad in the world because that's what we as a group chose to make it, but in the end you can do all things through Christmas who's strengthens you. You don't by any means have to believe in god but there is nothing to say you can't either

• I have been battling depression for years, so yes, it is definitely a struggle. I haven't completely given up on the idea of a higher power. Usually if I talk to anyone in the sky, it is my best friend. He was always the person who brightened my days and made me feel protected so it's nice to think he still listens. Maybe some day, I will find my way back to religion/faith, but for now, I need to focus on letting go of the anger and resentment I hold. Thank you for trying to explain it though. I do appreciate it.

• If you ever feel the need to talk about it again comment on here and I'll message you

• Yes, in the name of Jesus Christ.

• Yeah I do.