What is some advice to get better at dancing?

I freeze in front of people and can't loosen up enough to dance. If I'm by myself, I can actually do the move. How can I just forget it all and become lost in the dance?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, i'm probably not the best person to be taking advice from when it comes to dancing, considering I look like a flying walrus when I do.
    --If you have an Xbox buy a Just Dance CD, if you don't, search Just Dance songs on youtube and dance to them on a phone/computer/laptop/ipad (You should choose any where from Just Dance 2013-2015)
    --Take dance lessens at a local place
    --Just dance to your favorite songs every day, its not the technique you learn that makes you good, its your rhythm and beat!
    --try dancing with a friend/bf/parent/cousin/etc.
    --You have to remember why you want to be so good at dancing, whether its to make yourself feel better, to be able to dance at parties, to impress your crush, anything! i1253.photobucket.com/.../jane-dance.gif
    Trust me, you don't want to be that girl at a party ( I've been there, story of my life..)
    You want to be like this!!! : dancetrip.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/shakira1.jpg
    Because who doesn't want to dance like Shakira?

What Guys Said 4

• watch some videos in youtube maybe? ;)

• Drink :D
    But really there's not much other than "stop caring about those others"

• It's so easy for girl's. It's all in the hips.

• What type of dance are you referring to?

What Girls Said 2

• Drink. Even then, if you dance really crappy you can blame it on the alcohol lol. a lot of drunk people dance however they want and just totally let go and sometimes, it's funny, so yea blame that lol.
    Other than that, maybe dance in the mirror, get used to yourself and how you move, compliment yourself and don't just criticize what you're doing wrong.

• Pretend the people are not there.