How to charge American electronics in France? Help?

I have an HP laptop, an iPad mini, and an iPhone. I know there's special adapters, or charger parts I have to get, but I don't know which ones specifically.. If you could add pics, or links I'd be thankful. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Check on the charger that came with your devices they should give the voltage rage from 70 volts to 240 volt which means the charger that came with the device will change on it's own and properly charge. If it is USB you will have more options once you arrive in Paris. What you will need is an adaptor to take your 2 prong US plug end to a european plug.

Go to Walmart for a plug or if it charges by USB you can also pick one up in the airport in Paris. I am assuming you are flying into Charles DeGaul Airport.

Voltage in the USA is 110-120 volts running at 60 cycles per second. Almost all of the world runs 220-240 volts 50 cycles which means if it is a motor and the power dropped down to 120 volts the cycles of 50 cannot be bumped up unless the power is reconverted to DC then given a pulse of 60. So your shavers will run slower and instead of cutting hairs will pull them.

What Guys Said 7

• 2 issues, different plugs and different voltages. Apple and most other computers, can handle dual voltages without blinking. That's great news because voltage adapters don't work all that well, weigh a ton and are quite expensive.

Sounds like all you need is a plug adapter or two, not expensive. In fact probably invest in one for each device. Also, go for universal adapters since French plugs will be different from German which wiil be different from UK/Ireland. They are a way of life over here so cheaper to buy here.

• There are adapters for that.

• google "french power plug"

• Get an adapter

• Adapters and transformers. Look them up, they sell em in airports

• www.amazon.com/.../ref=mp_s_a_1_1

I believe something like this would work.

What Girls Said 1

• what's the difference? dont they have plugs?

• Over there, they are two pronged I think. My devices are three pronged.