What's the best way to write my father out of my life?

I am recovering from a mental health condition which is due to my father absuing me but I still live with my father. I'm moving out when I can have a job to support myself.
My father from the moment I was born abused me physically and emotionally. He blamed me for everything that was his fault. He took out his work stress on me. Even used to hit me for me just being me. He expected me to do what he wanted and to even marry who he wanted.
My mother is dead and he was going to sell the house from underneath us just two weeks after she died and he was catching up with some loser from his church as he wanted to get married again only five days after my mother died.
Whats the best way to disown him out of my life? Even now.
I don't hate him but I just don't want anything to do with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I almost could have written this, our stories are so similar. I moved out and just never talked to him again. That's the best way. Cut all contact and never look back. I changed my phone number, email, everything. I'm sorry you went through this. :( good luck to you and everything will be okay. :) you are well on your way! :)

What Girls Said 4

• I grew up in an abusive home, I suffer from major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders along with PTSD. The only way for me to get to a point where I could take care of myself was by moving, by changing the location and my surroundings. It made it easier to communicate less and eventually cut off those who made it hard for me to live my life.

• Once I'm 18 I'm disowning my father and stepmother from my life. They aren't good for me and I'm leaving. I am honestly so happy to hear someone else is going through something similar

• you just have to start ignoring him.

• Just do exactly what you planned. Work, save up, move out and don't look back

What Guys Said 3

• justt move out bro... u are 25+ no?

• Not enough cash to move out now bro

• Don't be so quick to disown and remove the hated from your life. This regret is the worst kind of all and will stick with you until the day you are lowered into the ground.

• Dude, my father uses people's kindness up and spits them out. He doesn't appreciate kindness. He sees it as a tool to get what he wants

• Mate, I can do whatever I like. And for my own psychological health I have to keep away. I'm not weak. I don't need him in my life. He has given me NOTHING. all he's done is take from me and continues to do so if I let him. So stuff it. Time to move on. I will be better for it

• I never said any of those things. I never even told you what to do. You, my friend, have a very antagonistic attitude that i hope you will try and control later on.

• First therapy. And you can also... write out everything you want to say to him. And then burn it.