Would you still eat at a restaurant that's had a health code violation?

There was a story that broke here that someone posted pictures of hamburger buns that are on crates in a bathroom being stored, the store never had any previous violations, it broke to Facebook and news outlets, Would you still eat there if they fixed the issues and trained staff better or is the reputation to badly damaged?

the hamburger buns were In the packages on the k rate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh no, no way i would risk that kind of a health hazzard.

Im very cautious when it comes to eating out, normaly i always cook but on ocassion when going out i check the places to eat first and then if they passed health inspection id eat otherwise im cooking

What Guys Said 17

• 1. I'd always check for proof of the story being true to begin with. Competition and mischief mongers have been known to float rumors about certain outlets for their own reasons or none. The digital age only aids such people :)
    2. The violation being true, no I won't ever go there again :)

• Yeah I'd still eat there. If the health inspectors visited any household kitchen at random I have no doubt they would find health code breaches that apply to retail food outlets at least 10 fold. Also consider that those buns pictured may have been stale ones to be thrown out. Add to the fact that those same buns had been delivered/baked handled by a number of persons prior to even arriving at the restaurant. Consider that the delivery driver had stopped for a toilet break at the gas station and may have washed his hands or not but he still had to open the loo door which would have been touched by many others. Now he drives to the shop and delivers the buns which are in the crate. SO WHO CARES WHERE THE ALREADY CONTAMINATED CRATE IS PLACED !!! If you want the buns sanitised they should be individually wrapped as they roll out the oven and then when to be used unwrapped without touching the bun by the hands that touched the wrapping.
    Food poisoning from restaurants is most likely a result of poorly refrigerated food/ fish too close to meat for example. Poor garbage removal and poor food prep benches which have gaps at joints or a poor splashback and cracked or unsealed flooring are the source of vermin and unsanitary food prep areas.
    Anyway, Sorry about the lengthy sermon, IN SHORT - we have been scared shitless and been robbed by pharmaceutical marketing of an endless array of disinfectants which contain much more harmful to human and environmental health

• Damn I'm never eating again lmao definitely have a point

• I was kidding about not eating again

• Of course you would. Who thinks of a few stray bugs when we are starving. Even worse is that a McDonald's burger feels like a gourmet meal when our gut is churning.

• And it was posted in FaceBook.
    www.facebook.com/photo.php

• It depends on what the violation is and when it was and who did it. For example, if it was a minor violation that didn't really have anything to do with hygiene and anyway it was done twenty years ago by someone who hasn't had anything to do with the restaurant since, then yes perhaps I would.

But, without knowing such details, no, I wouldn't.

• I think they would definitely need to bring their restaurant up to code
    there is no way i could eat there knowing their buns were found stored
    on a crate in the bathroom.

• I don't think I would eat at that restaurant for a quite a while. That is just an unacceptable place to keep any type of food.

• No I would avoid it.

• ewwwwwww

yuck... no

• I actually stopped eating at a place when I found out they got a C on their health code. So to answer your question, I'd probably wouldn't eat there any more depending on how much time goes by.

• Well I do want to get food poisoning every now and then to lose weight, so probably.

• Like those sketchy as hell Taco Trucks that taste mysteriously delicious haha

• I'd be too worried. Couldn't do it

• If there food are delicious then yeah

• I have, a couple times, lol.

• I'd still eat there if my date wanted to eat there

• nah i wouldn't

• I would, actually. It's kind of similar to flying on an airline that recently had a crash (which I've done). They're on such high alert that there's no safer place for you to be.

• That's actually a pretty interesting perspective.

• I had that same thought but very scary experience for you though I'm sorry glad your ok.

What Girls Said 4

• No I wouldn't. I live right by a Dickeys Barbecue where a woman was accidentally poisoned last year. It's still open though so I guess some people don't care :/

• um, nope. probably not honestly. thats kinda gross.

• lol kinda nah down right disgusting they said it was there only 30 minutes

• there's no reason to store hamburger buns in the bathroom. and you don't know what people could be doing to them lmao. also, if they're storing buns in the bathroom, what else could they be doing wrong? i just wouldn't trust them after that.

• Nope, I wouldn't

• I would no longer eat there.