Feminism? Do feminists only want equality when it is in their interests and to the advancement of themselves?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Your question is just to broad for me to understand or answer. I'm confused because feminism is for the active advancement of women's equality/rights and if i'm a woman then how is it not for the advancement of myself or for the interest of other women?

• Well to clarify my question do feminist only want equality when it advances women, how about if equality advanced a man over a woman?

• Perhaps your right. You have a good head your shoulders. Thank u.

• thank you!

What Girls Said 5

• Not really, they do consider men's issues too. But they're mainly focussed on women's issues (hence: FEMinism). Many guys that resent feminism for wanting to advance women fail to realise that being a male is a privilege in our society, and it has always been this way. Women may be equal on the surface, as we share many of the same rights as men, but there still discrepancies.

• quote from guy below would u consider these discrepancies?
      helloo.. it's 2015? haha. in 2015 man rapes won't count, girls don't pay for dates and approach and kids law, divorce law all supports them not man.
      a girl can give birth to her child without permission but man have to pay for the child why?
      why if a woman hit man, people find it fun while a man hit woman people find it crime?

• I'm really not, you just took it completely the wrong way, lol.

• A likely story lol:-(

• If you knew the definition of 'equality' you wouldn't need to ask such pointless questions. So please just learn the definitions of 'equality' and 'feminism' and I hope you will turn out as a wiser person with a broader mind set.

• Sorry for daring to ask a question.

• Just saying is all. Enjoy the rest of your day

• You too, sir!

• I don't think that is the case.

• Educate yourself

• Lol. Men has had advancement since year 0, of course we want equality. Society sees us as the weak sex. Hellooo it's 2015?

• I dont think in the 1880s there many women lining up to cut their life short doing back breaking work in the coal mines to support their families. There is reason most men were lucky to make it past thirty. If 50% of the population are women and s minimum of at least 70% believe women should be treated as equal then how can society see women as the weaker. I personally believe if a should be paid the same as a man provided she is as capable of doing the same job to the same standard dont u?

• I was talking to the Asker, sorry didn't clarify.

• Ok. We're all good now.

What Guys Said 6

• No point in asking this since they will never admit it.

• yes they want equality

• Of course they only seek advantages and power.

Someone still has doubts about it?

• Perhaps. I wonder if they to be treated as equal but more equal.

• In my perspective feminists should be treated as the rest of liberals. Stalin sure knew how to deal with them and I support such ways.

• I would have respect for feminists if the majority of them weren't such awful salty women

• they wanna kill all men

• helloo.. it's 2015? haha. in 2015 man rapes won't count, girls don't pay for dates and approach and kids law, divorce law all supports them not man.