What would you say is the main cause of a war in general and could they been avoided?

- What would you is what really causes a war and for that country or part of a country to already get aggressive... leading off course to immediate retaliation afterwards.

-If those issues would have been solved on time could all the wars in history have been avoided or it was bound to happen either way no matter what?

0|0
1|12

Most Helpful Guy

• Lets take a step back to animals. The the runt of the litter usually dies, the weakest male doesn't pass along his genes and those who can't adapt get phased out in the game of life.

Lets look at a fish tank.. when adding critters, we have different levels of aggression. When you create a community, you have think about what fish to add.
    - if you have a docile fish and you add an aggressive one.. the aggressive fish will attack the docile one, causing stress which reduces their slime coat and inevitably killing the fish.

- however if you have two semi-aggressive fish, they will offset.

Point is... if your country doesn't have an army, a web of allies that agree to protect you in exchange for goods/services.. you have built a country that will be taken over.

Look at the Native American Indians... un united and primitive. USA went jack-mode.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Different wars for different purposes. Mostly ego and religion. Like now Russia is going after land because of ego, fear and history. If someone would kill the Russian president the war would end. Russia was made fun of when they did not know how to put on the olympics and it looked like it was done by a first year college student who was high. Our war in Irauq was for the Bush, Halibertan team to make billions. Should have shot them too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure, but I think money is the main cause of wars. I'm not sure we can avoid wars, only because there's people that want drama (i. e. wars). So, unless all people that favor wars die, we won't be able to avoid them completely. I hate wars, too.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, what's the use if many of the ones serving in wars (and can be even a family member) are going to die. My younger brother said that if the country were to ever get into a major war again, he were of legal age and he was told to serve the nation, he would already be elsewhere. Though not sure if a citizen can refuse to serve if he/she doesn't want to take a risk dying.

• I'm not sure a citizen can refuse, especially if there's a draft. Otherwise, the only ways to get out of war is to 1) not volunteer in the military, 2) get disabled (lose an arm or leg), or 3) move to a different country that doesn't force their citizens to war.

• Ego, Resources, Food, Religion, Population Control and Fiat currency is probably the largest enabler of war in the modern age. Probably lots of reasons wars start...

0|0
    0|0
  • gold... religion... :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Human nature.

0|1
    0|0
  • War is a natural part of human behavior and it will always be with us. It's the nasty side of us. Like it or not it'll never go away

0|1
    0|0
  • The root cause of all evil is irrationality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans being humans. Disliking those who are different from us and considering them to be inferior is probably the single biggest reason.

Other than that, definitely the desire for control, wealth and power.

0|0
    0|0
  • Selfishness is the main and only cause.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well with Hitler, it was greediness. He wanted more than what Chamberlin gave him, and ultimately sparked England and France to declare war

0|0
    0|0
  • Resources (actual, physical things, like metal or food)
    Socioeconomic conditions
    Political conditions

Unavoidable, by and large. But that's why the US does what it does--it wants everyone to be a democracy, because democracies are more interested in trade agreements than warring. Of course, warring to make them democracies is a touch ironic. But that's politics for you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Its always power and commercial. A few people get rich from it, others only poorer. And its the leaders who misuse religion or nationalist feelings to create racism and set one kind of people up against another. Examples enough in history.

0|0
    0|0