In your school was it ever possible to actually SLEEP in class?

I've never seen an instance of this actually happening. Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? Could you sleep in class without the professor noticing?

Most Helpful Girl

• It was not possible without getting caught. One of my teachers kept a water gun by her desk, and every time she caught someone sleeping she would squirt them to wake them up lol it was hilarious xD

What Guys Said 16

• This entirely depends on which school, which class, and which teacher you're talking about. To answer your question, it very well is possible.

When I was a young child in a local Catholic elementary school, I would fall the sleep all the time in first and second grade. My teacher would notice and wake me up every time. She acted like it didn't bother her. I had also went to a local public school in sixth grade and I remember countless times I feel asleep without my teachers noticing me.

When I was in my Jr. high years at ANOTHER local Catholic school, one of my teachers would catch you on the spot, while my other teacher was clueless (me and some of my friends would fall asleep in there about once a week.)

When I was in high school, I only fell asleep a handful of times, and one of my teachers caught me and called my parents.

Now, when I was in college, I never fell asleep in class, not one time but I also never wanted to, because I was paying to go there and I enjoyed many of my classes. However, depending on the class size, I could have very well got away with it-I knew many people who DID get away with it.

• First day, I walk into my math class.
    The professor goes into his speech: "How to do well in my class: Show up. I don't care if you sleep or whatever, you'll end up absorbing something and do fine".

• I have fell asleep in class I was always caught in school but in university there was hundreds in each lecture so it wasn't noticed unless you were front row.

• I didn't ever sleep in class.
    *-I read other chapters in my schoolbooks
    *- l made lots of drawings
    *- l made 3/4 of my 'homework'

• And most of the time l was sitting in the first row thus my teachers must have seen it. :)

• U školi je to bilo nemoguće, ali na fakultetu se moglo bez problema, bilo je na stotine studenata u dvorani pa profesori nisu ništa primjećivali (osim ako sjediš skroz naprijed) :P

• Haha E, a ova djeca iz drugih država spavaju cijelo vrijeme - od osnovne škole. O. o
      To me čudi.

• E da, lako je njima, naši profesori su radili po strogom sustavu, tako su naučili još u bivšoj državi, ali zato strana djeca imaju manje znanja od nas :P

• No joke, my best friend once fell asleep and when the professor woke him up he jokingly said "it's to be awake when the day begins :D "
    It really happened. Fortunately the professor had a great sense of humour so he could take it :-)

• Omg my professors during those days was a bore. I actually did fall asleep once in class and I got detention for that.

• I have fallen asleep in class, it never lasted long though, to uncomfortable. I had a very I don't give a fuck attitude at that age...

• yes, happened a few times, but professors notced :/

• I used to sleep in class ALL the time. We had large classes and I would slouch down in my chair and prop my book up. It was only noticed once. And that was because I began to snore... not a good thing. Funny... but not good

• I'd occasionally go to sleep holdin my head up with my elbow on the desk, time would fly by and my teacher told my I was snoozin.

• i hated the school books always talked about the same crap, so yes i fell asleep
    now that im older i love too learn and study my school was crap and didn't teach me the truth

• Well on my last school I accidentally fell asleep in the first period. They woke me up though after 27 minutes. :-/

• Never slept in college classes.

• Yes, our teachers never cared about it. I've slept some times.

• I Did on several occasions

What Girls Said 3

• Every school I attended, I managed to fall asleep in class. Teachers noticed but never did anything. They always let me sleep. University is the only exception.

• Oh yeah. On days where we had to watch movie adaptations of whatever book we were reading in English , half the class would be sleep.

• You can in certain classes.