YO white people have you had racism towards you?

White people have you gotten any racisim BS from non-white folk?

Most Helpful Guy

• Main target for gang violence, my ex manager whom I used to work for, had called me cracker, I left about a year before she was transferred. It is tough, but there is little difference in treatment from other races and those who are of mine. The only difference is the racial slurs, but it's just their prerogative. I'm a friendly guy, they just confuse someone humble for weakness. But i can't hold grudges, I've got to keep looking and moving forward, i can't retaliate, it's not in my nature to react that way to that treatment, I do defend myself as a last resort if my phone isn't working, but thankfully, that hasn't happened for a good while. Human nature is human nature, I'm color blind when it comes to race; love or hate, neither one has a barrier that I see, it's just how they want to see me.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sure some have just like black, Asian, Hispanic, and Indian people do.

As long as we're defining one another by color and using race and stereotypes it's bound to happen.

• People can say it's offensive, but the word "cracker" is not insulting in the least. White people say it's racists just so they can say racism goes both ways.
    I do think some races are resentful of white power and therefore become mean and racists to white people. But it's hard to take offense to any of it

• Riiight, because a term that came from "some who cracks whips at slaves" it not insulting in the least. As long as you approve of slavery, right?

But "nigga" is a temr that a white person should only utter if they wish to lose their jobs and become public pariahs.

• Oh is that what it means? I thought it was refernce to how crackers are pale peach colored lol
      But yeah I'm not offended by it still.
      It doesn't have as long a history and the repression behind it that the n word does. It's a simple fact, don't argue this lol

• Yup, many times.

• well I look "exotic" but in most cases I would be considered a white person. And yes I have had some racist and racist-like stuff directed towards me by "non white folk"

the worst being: "oh so you're a quarter ______ how big is your dick"

• All the time, but if we call them out for it they just say that we're being racist

What Guys Said 13

• Yes I live near a bad town where people say not to walk the streets "especially if you're white" and also have seen other situations. My father also has been subjected to a long of racism growing up.

• so they target whites?

• Luckily I don't live in that nearby town but there's a lot of violence in there and when I moved into this new county people always warned me not to walk the streets there but they stressed a lot about the racist points. It's a town I simply avoid due to what people have warned me about.

• alright cool

• Besides one black guy calling me a cracker because I told him to stand in line like everyone else, no.

• @Outofthegrey You know why he's saying that, right? Goes back to slavery times, don't ever tell a black person to get in line , again...(it reminds them of the transportation on the boats)

• 1.) No one is exempt from the rules. Stand in line like everyone else, you're not special.

2.) It is a derogatory slang term for white people, referencing the sound whips made when snapped, as was common during the times of slavery.

3.) Again, no one is special. You want to buy something at Walgreens you stand in line, not just walk to the front and tell people "I've got things to do". So does everyone else.

• Didn't get a job in a predominantly black area because I was white. Other than that, not really.

• fortunatelly not :|

• Sure. But we're expected to be tough and not really mention it.

Only blacks and hispanics get to bitch that life is too hard, haha!

• Not that I can think of.

• Yes. Dad grew up in 60s-70s Brixton and got it especially.

• Sure. To the point that I was forced to move to another country.

• that bad?

• Yes, now with Pakis, Asians, Blacks, coming daily by thousands taking over the country working for next to nothing. I even experienced racism in my own family when my uncle refused to hire me because he preferred Albanians. Even though he knew that Im in a bad situation and needed the money.

• Your uncle sold you out like most countries in the world immigrant labour is cheaper

• "Hey yo Whitey Tighty!!" lol

• Yes, of course.

• fuck this race thing, who cares... people are so liberal these days racism doesn't exist anymore, like gone by the 70s and 60s...

The other i day i see a black guy walking with his white guy friends, (and no it wasn't obama)

• its not completely gone

• No apart from from a feew internet trolls for banters and the traditional ignorant folk most people are very liberal, which sucks, because i remember the days racism was funny

• All the time. I want to be a firefighter (I live in the UK). But fire departments only accept ethnic minorities, because otherwise they would be "discriminating". So I can't get my dream job because I am white.

• I`m sure there are white fire fighters in the UK

• Depends on what type of racism... Proactive racism I would say its very rare for whites to experience that, but reactive racism yes.