Does anyone know the science behind physical features of race?

For instance Asian have flat face and folds over their eyes, black people have broad nose and big lips plus nappy hair, native American are high cheekbone and sloping forehead. All this plus differences in skin color too. What is the purpose of this in term of natural selection? We humans became this way after thousands upon thousands of years how and why did we adapt these physical manners?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty straight forward. Thinner noses are ideal for colder environments because it warms the air up through a narrow tube.

Larger upper bodies are suited to upper body activities and are more built for the cold. Today this works to its advantage in things like swimming, throwing, wrestling, power lifting etc all suited to longer upper bodies.

Whereas longer thinner legs aren't built for the above, their advantage is being better adapted to running, jumping, quick foot movement.

I. e Usain Bolt dominates running with long lean legs but he'd never be able to dominate swimming or power lifting. Equally phelps wouldn't fare well in running

Many things are obvious

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Human geography

0|0
    0|0
  • just evolution.

0|0
    0|0
    • yea obviously i am asking what is the reasoning behind that. Like some birds have longer wing to fly higher than others. So I know its natural selection but what do these features do for us beside make us look different?

What Guys Said 3

• Its all environmental factors

0|0
    0|0
  • For mongoloids the epicanthal fold probably protects us from dust.

For caucasoids the blonde hair and blue eyes was just a mutation. Also white skin helped them to absorb vitamin D better from sunlight since there wasn't a lot in arctic Europe .

Everyone started out black though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Genetics.

Evolution

adaption

0|0
    0|0