Should I buy the Sony Xperia Z2 or the Sony Xperia Z3?

I don't know whether to get the Sony Xperia Z2 or the Sony Xperia Z3. I know that the only difference is that the Sony Xperia Z3 has got a slightly faster processor. Which should I get and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sony's managed to trim down Z3's thickness and weight, going from 8.2 to 7.3mm. It's also noticeably lighter lighter — 152 grams compare to the Z2's 163. As a result the battery's taken a small hit, going from 3,200mAh in the Z2 to 3,100mAh in the Z3. That's not to say the newer device will necessarily be worse-off in terms of real-world battery life, as Sony may well be saving power elsewhere.

The Xperia Z3 gets a small bump in performance over the Z2, going from a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AB) to the faster 2.5GHz version (MSM8974AC), while keeping the 3GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage, backed up by a microSD slot. There's not a huge difference in performance, though the Z3 did seem a little more responsive to touch than the Z2 we've been using periodically since launch. Furthermore, the Z3 is IP68 certified while Z2 is IP58 so, it'll give you better protection.

Basically, the upgrade is just body and software, nothing else (really much). I recommend you to go for Z2 as it's much cheaper.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• xperia z2 yo

What Girls Said 1

• the z3 is better.