How do we type so fast without even having to remember the keyboards?

I feel like when I type, I dont even have to take the time to remember where each letter is. It's like my fingers are my brain.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called muscle memory.

What Guys Said 8

• it's a matter of habbit

• Muscle memory.
    Also, learning.

• probably from getting so used to it. I can even types without looking at the screen in general and know if i made a mistake and correct it.

• It's just part of conditioning a behavior to the point where it is second nature.

• Muscle memory. You've got the layout memorized to the point where you don't even need eyes to type.

• muscle memory basically

• cool! thanks. I have to search about that

• That's so crazy!

• I don't know WHY TBH

What Girls Said 6

• We get used to it.

• I think our brains simply get used to the action. Just like how we can drive without thinking about what we have to do. It's an automatic reaction.

• lol I played this keyboard game when I was younger. It helped me to type without necessarily looking at the keyboard. It was amusing and would make these unhappy animations whenever you make a mistake haha :).

I guess you train yourself with practice :)

• Force of habit. Been doing it so long that it's just second nature I guess.

• Practice makes perfect. :)

• It's like walking, do it for long enough and you won't have to think about it.