Dealing with a bad haircut?

I went to the hair salon to get a trim, an inch off at the max. Almost an hour later, I come out with my hair cartlessly chopped off to my chin. I look so awkward! The cut is already at a length beyond my comfort zone, and it's looks so sloppy and uneven. I can't even look at myself in the mirror, I can't stop crying. I wanna crawl under a rock and die! Okay, I'm being melodramatic, but my hair!!! Agh!!! I have school tomorrow, I'm already sick and gross and now it looks like my hair was attacked by Edward Scissorhands! Whoever cared to read my dumb rant, what should I do? Should I just laugh it off? How do I accept/stop thinking about my fucked up hair? And does anyone wanna share their own bad hair day stories? It'd make me feel better 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh goodness I'm really sorry, I flipping hate those scissor-happy hair stylists that don't seem to know the difference between a light trim and cut. They need their license removed.

You need to go back to a hair salon (a DIFFERENT one with stylists who know what the heck they're doing) and get a good experienced stylist to shape up your hair. A good stylist will be able to turn a bad haircut into something much more tolerable.

In the meantime, there's plenty of updos you can do that will be able to hide the damage. Check out Pinterest, plenty of inspiration there.

What Guys Said 2

• Could be a lot worse - Have a look at my profile pic LoL

• Fucking hairdressers...

What Girls Said 5

• Luckily I haven't had any bad haircut except for the time I cut my own hair off when I was 5. I started crying right after I did it. Lol.

You should go online and see if there is anyway you can style it with gel/hair spray or get on that hat game. My friend had short hair for a while (not by choice). So while it was growing back she dyed it different funky colors to make herself feel better.

• It can't be that bad lol just laugh it off? Maybe you can add some bows and cool clips to give it a different look?

• This soooo happened to me. I wore my hair up for a full year. Pin it back and laugh it off

• that happened to me once in school, other people laughed but I just laughed as well :p
    I mean there's nothing really you can do at that point just laugh it off who cares what they think or say, if they're real friends they might joke about it but they wouldn't really care, and anyone else doesn't matter, you'll be fine :)

• laugh it off and wear a hat lol.