Best zombie weapon (guns)?

Which gun would YOU want in a zombie apocalypse?

• Shotgun (Remington 870)
  • Sniper rifle (Remington 700)
  • Rifle (AR-15)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• A shot gun!

• Ideally no guns for me

• You might need one in the apocalypse lol

• Well a melee weapon is better. I think the chance of using up all the bullets and raiding around to find more would be a problem and highly a possible situation. If I had to chose a gun. I chose option A though

• No I would choose a Rainbow Squirter 46

What Guys Said 6

• Clearly people don't know guns very well. As someone who owns all of the above, of the 3, the AR15 is easily the best choice. But there's something even better.

A shotgun might seem cool, and is powerful up close, but shotguns are low-capacity guns whose ammo is very bulky and very heavy. You simply can't carry that much ammo, and if you've got a Walking Dead pack attacking you, you'll quickly run out of ammo and die.

A sniper rifle is even more of a specialty weapon, and while it's great for taking out single targets from a long distance (thus improving your chances of getting away with it), it is a very low-capacity gun (typically holds 3-5 rounds), slow to reload, is long and heavy and hard to transport, and is useless in a rush.

The AR15 normally uses 30-round magazines, and US Army soldiers commonly carry 7 or 10 magazines as a standard load-out. The ammo is relatively small and light so you can carry a lot of it, the rifle is semi-auto (at least) so you can fire multiple shots quickly, it's accurate enough for headshots out to 200 yards (more with optics and supported shooting positions), and the rifle is fairly light and easy to move with.

But my top choice would be the Ruger 10/22. It's a.22LR semi-auto rifle that comes with 10-round magazines, but has 25, 30, and even 50-round magazines available. While useful range is limited to 100 yards or so, that's plenty for zombies, and it's plenty accurate enough for headshots. Plus, the ammo is tiny, light-weight (you can easily carry a couple of 10-pound "bricks" of 500 rounds), and cheap. You pair 3-4 people with 10/22s with one AR15 for longer shots, and no zombie hoard could get close to you. Plus, you could move and maneuver reasonably with these rifles and your ammo loadout.

• The best gun would be a Springfield M1A, greatest battle rifle ever designed by man. The Colt AR 15A4 wouldn't be a bad choice either, but what it gains in close range efficiency it loses in long range accuracy.

• Understandable. I like the AR because, depending on the model, it can be very customizable

• Or, and hear me out on this, you get an animal, stick it in a cage with blood around it to attract the zombies, but have mines and stakes around it. They stupid zombies, they should fall for it.

• shot guns work good because they will likely be in close range

• Plus they have a wider spread= more targets hit

• Said someone who has likely never patterned a shotgun... (hint: don't believe the movies).

• Shotgun - you have to think first and then shoot.

• Honestly? Guns are unneeded noise. Just stay quiet, stay low, and don't attract a crowd.