Best zombie weapon (Melee)?

What melee weapon would YOU want in a zombie apocalypse?

• Crowbar
  • Baseball/Cricket bat
  • Knife
  • Katana
Chainsaws weren't included for a reason... Actually many reasons. They are very loud, they run on gas (very limited), they are heavy, skin and guts are likely to block up the blade, and accidents are inevitable. I would sooner siphon the gas out of a chainsaw than use it as a weapon in the zombie apocalypse

Most Helpful Guy

• Baseball bat and crowbar would not be a good choice because of blood splatter unless you have something to cover your face with, A Katana or any sword for that matter depending on how it was made you know a cheap decoration sword compared to a actual sword created for war and death would be a good choice if it is the latter.

A USMC Serrated Edge K-Bar would be my primary choice as it is useful for fare more then mere slicing and dicing, you can use it to field clean animals, create spears for longer distance fighting or pungi sticks for traps, arrow shafts for arrows and all sorts of stuff. It is durable and reliable for battle and survival.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 16

• Katana. It's long so you don't have to get too close, and at the same time its blade will kill instantly. A bat is also long, but you may need to hit more times and use more force to kill, which will get you tired easier.
    A crowbar is cool too, but it's not as effective as a katana or a bat.
    A knife is awful cause you'll have to get super close and risk getting bitten.

The only problem with the katana is that you'll have to sharpen it, but you have nothing else to do in a zombie apocalypse, so there's plenty of time.

• Trench Knife
    401ak47.com/.../...ch-knife-black-blade-handle.jpg

Almost impossible to break. Very light and easily stored with other weapons (can even have more than one as backups), I don't want a big, heavy melee weapon when suppressed firearms are better uses of carry weight. won't tire you out nearly as fast as most other melee weapons. Very good in close quarters, such as inside confined buildings where other melee weapons will be too large to use effectively. Only requires one hand to be effective, meaning you can have the other hand free for whatever, including holding a pistol.

• But using this weapon brings you within striking range of any attacker.

• @rthomas43 Yes, but this weapon is designed for superiority up close. Main danger of zombies are the bites, main target to destroy them are their brains. If you can't stab something in the head before it bites, especially a slow, borderline oblivious zombie that won't try to block, you won't last long with any melee weapon. Miss the stab? Thing's got you grabbed? Use the steel knuckles on the handle to bash it in the head, knock it back, and then try the stab again or back off. As long as you aren't unco and have a good amount of speed and strength, you can be in and out with little risk. Combine this with combat gloves and something like a wetsuit for bite protection and you can last as long as you have energy to keep stabbing.

One thing to note is that I'm larger than most people, meaning longer arms, meaning I can stab brains before most can even grab me. Maybe if I was a midget I'd opt for a spear if we're only talking melee.

• Baseball bat (metal).
    Katana would be a terrible choice. Breaks easily, plus you have to sharpen it.

• Actually they can quite easily cut through a zombie

Katanas were once tested on the bodies of condemned prisoners/criminals, which were stacked up. At this point, in a practice called tameshigiri ( though now they use bamboo and mats that have the same consistency has flesh and bone and are quite hard to cut through ), a skilled swordsman would take a newly made katana, swing it as hard as he could (and with as much skill as possible, presumably) and see how many bodies it could go through with one stroke. This number would then be etched into the blade to indicate its quality.

There are swords in museums etched with as many as five markings, indicating that they went through five bodies in one slice. Two was apparently quite common.

That being said I would still rather have my USMC K-Bar

• @phoenix98

"skilled swordsman"

Key word there. Lol

• True but even a unskilled swordsmen can cut a head off, or hit the head, you wouldn't even need to go through it, just through the skull, which is a lot easier then you'd think.

• Cricket bat for sure.
    People who pick a knife or a katana haven't tried sharpening them lol

• Sharpening is a hassle indeed lol

• @notcreativethough
      you've sharpened a sword with a pocket diamond sharpener?
      Well paint me impressed.

• It was a cheap shitty Katana and to be honest it was mostly because I couldn't be bothered buying a bigger sharpener so I just used the one I used for my machetes, but it seemed to work and sliced watermelons pretty good. It's all about the motions.

• A or D. If it's a "real" katana, and not just a mall trinket, that'd be pretty awesome so long as you could maintain it properly, otherwise a crowbar (or possibly a machete) would hold up better relatively maintenance free, but could still be devestating...

• But you can'na argue with a chainsaw, they don't know how to listen...

• Crowbar

,,,,,,,,

• Katana is the only sword you have, though I am not a fan of the weapon. But of your choices that would be the one for me.

• What? No chainsaw? Well... I guess I'll take the baseball bat. I'd love to work on my batting average over some zombie heads during a zombie apocalypse.

• Katana... I could do a lot with a katana

• I would like crowbar or spade..

• the katana has good reach so they won't get to close to you

• No chainsaw? You're gonna get eaten alive in the zombie apocalypse.

• Chainsaws are loud, heavy, and run on gasoline. I didn't bother including them

• A lightsaber, never runs out, slashes through very easily, good for close range.

• Ya, but zombies *run* from a chainsaw...

• Zombies don't have a survival instinct, so they would run, and chainsaws run out and are just as dangerous to the weirder, and, unlike with the blade of a saber, a zombie can get caught on and clog a chainsaw, plus it's too slow, see, many issues with chainsaws.

• Knife - speed and dexterity.

• Machete for me

• Sigh... all these people just choosing katana bc it "looks cool" yet know nothing about it :/