Gager, is it true?

Is it true that drunk people are the most honest people? (A bit drunk, not too much)

Most Helpful Guy

• Disclaimer: I advise against any drinking people, as I think they do not have regard of the damages.
    They are not usually the most honest, but for sure, they are the most hurtful people, to themselves and the others.
    It sometimes can be the their true feelings, and no one individual feeling (if taken out of context) will be represented as how it really is. That is why everyone has thoughts and views that he/she will only between them and Almighty God.

• Interesting constatation

What Guys Said 8

• You have less control over yourself, so you're gonna say what comes to mind no matter what, unless it's something you've been strongly hiding. A drunk person may say he doesn't like certain person to their face, but he will never confess a murder.

• So it's 50/50?

• Yeah, it depends on how drunk they are, and how much importance they give to the info/secret.

• This idea comes from the Latin phrase, In vino veritas, which translates to "In wine there is truth." While alcohol reduces inhibition and therefore makes a person more likely to blurt out what they think, a drunken person is just as capable of lying as a sober one.

In fact, I would say a person who is generally a liar will lie whenever it suit them, regardless of the circumstance.

• Actually drunk people have no idea what they are talking about so no.

• Well some people know what they are talking about

• Not really, when they are drunk the just talk whatever comes to mind. Sometimes without thinking.

• yeah that is true

• Not really, some are still like the "normal" people while some talk a lot of shit.

• Not very true. But high people are

• No, they MIGHT be more vocal, but not necessarily truthful

What Girls Said 5

• No. Alcohol can act as a truth serum though. Its cool talking to drunk people as long I'm kept at a distance from them.

• No. They say anything. I think people talk nonsense things when they are drunk. Total rubbish

• I've heard that drunk people say what sobber people think, not all the time and not for every single person..

• I asked that because I wa curious, it has nothing to do with me or something that happened :)

• Oh! Okay :)

• Most of the time, I think.
    Otherwise they just talk rubbish.

• Sometimes they are

• Yes! It's true