Were times really that bad in the 90s?

i was a little kid in the 90s and for this reason i'm having a really tough time accepting the 90s to be as bad as it seemed in movies like Dangerous Minds and The Substitute 1 and 2. my two older brothers were in highschool in the early 90s and i remember their school and students looked exacty like the ones in the movies,

now dont get me wrong, the city where i grew up at is currently still pretty ghetto as i write this , but it was nowhere near as bad as it was back in the 90s. back in those days there were shootouts, drug dealing, robberies, car jacking, gang brawls, and murders almost every week. in fact i even remember that back in those days everywhere you go you would bump into some random gangs, even in places that you least expected to, like behind a gas station; where i once encountered one and coincidently one of the members was a person i use to know.

anyways i dont know if its just nostalgia playing tricks on me or not but i actually remember the 90s as the best days of my live even though like i mentioned earlier i got to experience a lot of bad moments those days. all i remember about the 90s was playing video games like super nintendo, sega genesis, then nintendo 64 and playstation 1 later on all with my childhood friends and family. i also remember playing baseball in the streets again with my childhood friends, familiy members and kids from the neighborhood.

but anyways on my time in this site i always that everytime some member here as those infamous questions about why good girls love jerks and badboys i always see members here replying with such answers as "we aren't in the 90s anymore, nice guys attract lots of women too now" etc. but i just want to know, how bad were the days really where in the 90s?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I liked the 90`s more than the 00`s

What Girls Said 3

• the 90s was really great

• Besides having Clinton in the White House, along with all his girlfriends/whores, it was better than what we are going through as a country now

• oh please, that did not stop Clinton from being a good president. he didn't fuck up our economy or the world's by pushing us into an unnecessary war like mr Bush did. also i once her that JFK was a lot worst than him at having girlfriends/whores. i've heard he use to cheat on his wife with Marilyn Monroe

• I never said anything about JFK , ask your mommy and daddy about the 1980s. Unless they too are democraps they will give you are true answer. RePubicians are not much better, but care more for America. Just a fact, MLK was a republican, the Dems started the KKK, and we're Pro-Slavery.

• oh i see, you're trying to turn this in to a democrat vs republican debate. either way i dont care about democrats or republicans as i'm pretty much an anti politician myself. so again i dont care who was a democrat or a republican or who started whatever.

but there was one thing my parents always told and that is "politics and religion are two things that should never be discussed." i wasn't saying clinton was better because he was a democrat, i was simply saying that when he was in office he did A LOT better than Bush. by the way you do know that Bush was behind 9/11 all along right? dont believe me, go watch Loose Changes on youtube. and if you have Netflix look up all the documentaries about 9/11

• the 90s were the best ♡

What Guys Said 3

• I suppose it depends on were you lived during that time. For me personally in my town the 90s were actually pretty great.

• The 90's were a time of rampant greed and corporate malfeasance. Otherwise, the decade was not too different than others.

• OMG the 90s where the best, man I miss being a 90s kid.