What language does your mind speak when you think?

For those people who can speak more than 1 language, in what language does the little voice in your head speak? Is it in English? Your native language? You know what I mean?

For me sometimes in English , most of the time it's in my native language. Sometimes mix. You?

What language does your mind speak when you think?

0|0
11|6

Most Helpful Girl

• It's weird, but it depends on what I'm doing or who I'm talking to. Most of the times I think in my native language and sometimes in English , but If I'm talking with someone from Brazil or someone who talks English , I'll think in their language.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really speak anything other than English so...
    I took a Spanish class but it was online and I was on my own and it was just for the credits so I didn't get much out of it.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• 70% of the time English and 30% of the time my native language.

0|1
    0|0
  • English but when I'm angry, I force myself to think and speak French to calm down.

0|2
    0|0
  • Mostly Dutch, but sometimes English . Like when being on this site, mostly English . In normal life, Dutch.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maharashtrian or Hindi

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly English , but French and Spanish are prominent as well.

0|2
    0|0
  • English , because I know it how to speak it more than others and I use English a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Italian (my native language), unless I'm speaking to someone in English . I know some Spanish, but I never speak to anyone in that language. It's weird how sometimes I'm so used to speaking English that I will think of an English word and forget how you say it in Italian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly English but sometimes Korean or Japanese

0|1
    0|0
  • English a majority of the time, sometimes hindi or punjabi or even french 0_o

0|1
    0|0
  • English 95% of the time, sometimes my native language Vietnamese.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Although my native language is Arabic, but I find myself thinking in English most of the times, I don't know why, maybe because I spend most of the times here while listening to songs in English .

0|1
    0|0
  • English yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Well while in Spanish class, I thought about things in Spanish. Probably why I paid more attention cause I wasn't a good student lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Predominantly English . I graduated high school thinking in English and French, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think people really think with words most of the time

0|1
    0|0