Do you think the girl should be punished more or the boy or both equally for the fighting?

Here's a video of a girl provoking a fight with a boy in the middle of class. The boy seemingly wanted no trouble at all and even clearly stated out loud in the beginning of the video that he wouldn't fight a girl. Then the girl just continued on to test him and then threw the first couple of shots. At first, the boy tried to show restraint but just snapped out of anger and frustration and started wailing at her back. While the boy's retaliation was a little excessive, it's a little understandable why he did what he did judging by how frustrated he got with the situation getting out of hand, where he just had no other way around it.

• The girl should be punished more
  • The boy should be punished more
  • Both should be punished equally

Most Helpful Guy

• If they were both the same gender far fewer people would be saying that they should be punished equally, instead they would be saying the attacker deserves be punished more.

You don't start a fight and then complain when you get your ass beat because the other person didn't just throw you off, or hold you down. Saying the boy is equally at fault is just victim blaming, and part of the culture that prevents boys from properly defending themselves against female attackers. She started a fight that he tried to avoid. He just defended him self and that required winning the fight that she dragged him into.

Winning a fight isn't going overboard, it is just teaching your attacker a lesson so they don't target you anymore. If he had pulled out a knife or something that would be different. This was just a fight were one person got attacked and came out on top. It might not be a popular stance, but I would ONLY punish the attacker as I see the defender completely innocent.

What Girls Said 5

• Wow!!! I think I wouldve beat the piss out of her just as he did. He was pushed and pushed and pushed and I think he reacted as an human would in defense.

• Equal. Afterall isn't what we want is gender *equality*.

• Yeah but my question isn't "Should women/girls be equally punished as men/boys for starting fights?", I'm asking who in this case scenario (the video) should be punished more, the girl who started it or the boy or who tried to defend himself and snapped into anger and frustration?

• I honestly don't know, the girl should be punished more for starting it but at the same time he could've just left I guess.

But on terms of self defense, yeah she should be punished more.

• @Asker with the way she was being I bet if he left she would have followed and continued to get him to fight her

• I think they both should be punished.

• First of off that girl was very unnesisary and provoking amd also the boy decided to fight back in violence. Both played a part in the fight.

• both of them.

What Guys Said 6

• She started the whole fiasco, therefore she deserves a bigger punishment. This whole issue could have easily been avoided by not being a bitch.

• The girl. That guy was exerting his right to defend himself and she didn't back down and was continuing to attack him thus he simply attacked her back so that she wouldn't cause any damage to him. I mean, what if he had continued to do nothing while she pummels his head? What if she had damaged his eyes? That shit is ireversable.

• Yeah and plus, the guy never wanted to fight her in the first place. He even stated out loud in the video that he doesn't fight girls... until this ill-behaved little cunt pushed him past the limit.

• What if she broke his nose

• Both should be punished equally. Yes, she started the fight, but still hit her back and kept on hitting. If he just acted in self defense he would have pushed her or just punched her once, but he kept going once she was on the floor.
    She was a bitch and deserved that cause she started a fight thinking he wouldn't hit her back, so she got what she deserved.

• I guess you could say equal punishment for both would be appropriate since the boy went a little too excessive. While one solid punch should do the trick, it's understable why he did what he did due to his anger.

• I agree, it's understandable what he did, he snapped cause of her, but it was still wrong to keep going and should be punished for that.
      He he would have punched her once or just pushed her, I wouldn't punish him, it was self defense.

• equality ftw

• Honestly, I was hovering over C and hit it by accident. If she's hitting him and testing him, its called self-defense in his case.

• Self defense. He's trying to make her stop.