Motorcyclists I need opinions?

I am learning to ride and (as soon as I am good enough and have my license) I am inheriting my dad's Harley Davidson Night Train. I love it, it's sexy, but I don't want to hurt it. I am planning on saving up for a KLR 650 to practice on and to be my go to bike (I don't want to dirty up the Harley)
i need opinions on the Kawasaki KLR 650. I want to turn it into a sort of bug-out/street vehicle. I would give it a paint job like the one in the picture.
Motorcyclists I need opinions?

Good starter? Good bike? What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• not a big fan of motorcycles

• I know absolutely nothing about this but hot bike

• i think its good.

What Guys Said 5

• Paging @BertMacklinFBI

What are you planning on using it for? If you're just going to ride it around the city there's not much pointing getting an off-road capable bike like that.

• Cruising and some off road

• Personally I'd get a bike for the street and a cheaper MX bike for offroading, but if you can only get one (and you are getting that HD) then go for it.

• just buy some cheap ninja 250R and practice your slow maneuvers/everything on that until you feel confident to switch.

@meatballs21

• Personally i would recommend the KTM Duke over it. It does pretty much the same thing as the KLR, but its a better beginner bike. It also goes about the same speed.

• You should be good, as long as you can pick it up, you should be able to control it

• Maybe start was a 350 or 500cc