I've never been told that I'm pretty, does that mean I'm ugly?

I'm in my late teens and I've never been told that I'm pretty, except by my family and family friends. Okay that's a lie, I get told that like once or twice a year by random guys I don't know but I get stared at alot? People tell me I look nice and compliment my hair and stuff but rarely anything else?
Should I smile more? Should I wear brighter clothes?

• That means you're ugly/not good-looking
  • It doesn't mean anything
  • It means you're pretty/good-looking
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It doesn't. The people who picked A should go kill themselves unless if they were joking.

You haven't been told that you're ugly either. What you need to understand is that many people will think either way... and it doesn't matter.

1) Someone will be attracted to you.

2) Your personal confidence makes you more attractive to other people.

What other people think does not matter in the grand scheme of things. You'll find that the most important thoughts come from you.

• telling people to go kill themselves is really offensive to me.

• ha ha ha, of course you shouldn't care! why would you care about someone else right? a woman feels down because she's never been called pretty in her life, and that's what you should care about! as long as the females are happy right? right? you shouldn't give a damn about the fact that i, a male, is kinda offended by the way you want people to kill themselves just because they're mean towards a female. typical feminist.

• Let's use some common sense here. It could have been a guy making this question and I still would have felt the same. Her gender had nothing to do with it.

Your fucktardery is showing though. Well done... lol.

They have the right to think what they want just as I have the right to say what I want and not agree with they did (unless if it involves libel/slander. The same works the opposite way if you're stupid to get it). I also have the right not to give a fuck about their lives or yours and they have the same. I also don't have to care about the fact that they have that right because EVERYONE has that right and it's not the issue.

The issue is--again, if you're too retarded to understand--that this woman is feeling down and two people said impov "Well. You're ugly". They might have been saying it in a different way, but I don't know that. This is how it comes off to me.

On a side note, you can jump off the bridge right along with them. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe you're stunning so people are afraid to tell you.

• It means you should talk to people more.

• Maybe you're right, I don't talk to that many people

What Girls Said 7

• Ah, it's similar for me. People on the internet say I'm pretty and stuff but never happens in real life. :( Only one or two guys irl have ever said that I'm beautiful, and that's about it. Even my family members don't say I'm pretty. Makes me feel pike I'm super ugly, eh. I don't know what's the problem. Maybe we're ugly, maybe it smth else.

• *like
      *it's

• Could it be that you're so beautiful that the people in your life already assume that you know you're beautiful. and that's why they don't say that to you, because it would be kinda superfluous to tell someone something they already know, right? ^.^

• @IHateSarcasm That's definitely not the case, lol. xD

• It doesn't really mean anything.

I hear (well, read) it, all the time here in the interweb.

In person, most the time that I hear it, it's just so obvious what they really want.

• So you're saying family and friends often compliment you, you get stared at a lot and people compliment your hair etc? You obviously get more compliments than an average person. What do you expect? Get complimented every hour?
    You could also wonder if compliments really are a good indicator for attractiveness. If you just live of of other people's compliments, you will still not be satisfied. You are the one who really decides if you're pretty or not for your confidence level.

• doesn't really mean nothing. You're fine.

• people might be afraid to say it to you cause you prob are perfect

• No it does not ^^ Someone will find u pretty... maybe they do but are shy to say ^^

• it doesn't mean anything.