Who was the best James Bond actor?

I think Daniel Craig and Sean Connery both have an intensity that none of the other actors have but lack the natural charm that Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan have. A common complaint I heard about Craig was that he seems so angry/violent that his films don't feel like Bond films. What do you guys think?

• Daniel Craig
  • Roger Moore
  • Sean Connery
  • Timothy Dalton
  • Pierce Brosnan
  • George Lazenby

Most Helpful Guy

• Peter Sellers was also Bond in the original Casino Royale, which was a slapstick comedy spy movie.
    I think Lazenby was the worst... I hate saying that an Aussie was bad, but he was.
    I didn't like Timothy Dalton as Bond either.
    Roger Moore was alright for his time, but Sean Connery brought a class to it that improved on the stereotype.
    Pierce Brosnan did a good job, but I think the dialogue was atrocious in those movies so he had to work with what he had... but his character was suave, sophisticated and could rough it up in a fight too. His Bond movies were also the advent of female empowerment. Michelle Yeoh kicking ass... some of my favourite scenes.
    Daniel Craig has been awesome as Bond, bringing an intensity to the movies that I like, plus he does the fight scenes really well

• I thought Sean came BEFORE Roger. No?

• Dr. No? You're probably right. I was intending on my spiel to have any sort of chronology apart from how it occurred in my head. I think I saw Sean Connery movies before I saw the Roger Moore ones

• oh, and thanks for the MHO, asker

What Guys Said 55

• Daniel Craig or Connery are my faves. I'd choose Daniel Craig because I really like the three movies he's been in more than almost all others.

I'd be interested to see Idris Elba in the role but I wouldn't want him to replace Daniel Craig just yet

• I'm a big fan of Daniel Craig's Bond. I didn't think I would be initially, because the charm of Brosnan's and Moore's Bonds were, I thought, iconic of the character. But there's something really appealing to me about the barely restrained violence Craig plays the character with.

• I think Sean Connery will always be "the James Bond" however Daniel Craig is really brought Bond into the new realm of action and adventure movies.

He may not be the best looking Bond, but I like the raw nature of the films now where he gets shot and battered making it more realistic. The older Bond movies he would virtually go unscathed.

I say keep him on as long as they can...

I would say... start coming up with some better villains though and I do miss the cool little gadgets that Bond always had.

• I really do think the villains are less colourful than they used to be.

• Pierce Brosnan is by far my favorite. I also like him quite a lot as person (from the interviews I've watched). This is also quite important for me with actors is general. I hate Daniel Craig as James Bond. He is a complete misplacement in my opinion. He is good at more drama-ish movies but he just doesn't fit the Bond-role. That's why I've practically stopped watching James Bond movies. Jean Connery was alright but Connery is one of those actors who get better the older they get. When he played Bond, he was still pretty young. I like him much better now with his white beard and his famous eye brows. His acting skills have improved considerably.

• no disrespect to Sean Connery but when i found out who James Bond was Pierce Brosnan was portraying him. i'm not saying he was better than Sean Connery but i like him as bond better because he was pretty clever, adventures, and never lost his cool even when put through life threatening situation

• In my opinion, Connery and then Brosnan. The rest never had the panache or polish to pull it off. Craig comes off like a dull thug.

Let's face it, Connery set the bar very high and he is a hard act to follow.

• I'd say it's a tie between Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig they both gave the Bond character different dimensions. When I think of what does James Bond look like I think White male with dark hair and that's Brosnan but Craig makes the character seem more mysterious and intriguing.

• I think Moore was the most British which was an essential quality for Bond.

• Exactly. He was the epitome of an (intelligent, well-dressed, handsome, smooth-talking) English gentleman lol.

• I'm probably biased because I grew up with it but have to go with Brosnan. He just looks and speaks like I would imagine James Bond should. It was a perfect fit.

• Personally I found Pierce Brosnan to be the best Bond. He had the natural charisma and the looks that James Bond should have. Daniel Craig plays a very gritty Bond which works sometimes in his favour when the movie is depicting some serious overtones such as terrorism.

• Sean Connery was a boss. I think Idris Elba is going to burn it as Bond though, so stay tuned for a reevaluation.

• Connery, Brosnan, Craig, in that order.

• I think that Sean Connery is the best. Every actor after him tried to be him. But now that James Bond is rebooted I think that every actor from now tries to be Daniel Craig.

I don't think that the James Bond of the Connery/Lazenby/Moore days would really work these days.

By the way. Many people will disagree but I think that George Lazenby could have been the best of all time had he played in more Bond movies. He had the tools but lacked the acting experience.

• Roger Moore... coz i luv Duran Duran LOL

• I grew up with Pierce Brosnan and playing GoldenEye on the N64. So he's my favorite.

• Rocket Launchers in the Temple, License To Kill mode! Pretty much the biggest reason I failed out of college my freshman year, haha.

• Roger Moore for me

• Roger moore was best by far. I only watched 1 other bond movie all the way through after he left and that was the latest guy. He was ok also.

• Roger moore

• Roger Moore.

• I'm in the minority but I've always liked the humor that Roger Moore brought to the 007 character, and probably because I grew up in that generation. Dalton and Lazenby weren't around long. Brosnan was a stud but not the best actor. And Craig has no personality. Connery was before my time.

• Daniel Craig is probably more in tune with what the writer of the books intended, at least in Casino Royale. There is nothing bad about any of them, except maybe George Lazenby. If they are going to keep making Bond films, it would be boring to have the same type of actor every time.

• Probably Pierce Brosnan, then after him it's a tie between Connery and Craig. They each had my 3 favorite movies. Goldfinger, Golden Eye. and Casino Royale.

• I think Sean Connery is the best of the Bonds. I enjoyed Pierce Brosnan when he played Bond as well though.

• I don't know couple of those short-term older more obscure guys. Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond in my opinion. Although, Daniel Craig is probably my favorite actor on the list.

• Pierce embodied that classy, calm and confident, collected James Bond alphaness so well. The way he carried himself. What a 10 / 10 bond lol.

• I only watched Casino Royale and Skyfall, Daniel Craig was awesome in these movies. I don't know about the others though.

• Agreed. Daniel Craig and Sean Connery were/are the best. They just looked like James Bond more than the others.

• Craig is gritty. That's what most modern action films have nowadays.
    That's what makes him good. Pumped for Spectre.

• When you say spectre for some reason my mind jumped to "There's gonna be a mass effect movie and Craig's gonna be a Spectre!!"

• I wouldn't complain if that happened js. I've been waiting for a Mass Effect film since 2007.

• Pierce to me looks like james bond. A classy high tech spy.

• @asker you must've been watching that James Bond marathon on tv I just herd was playing ie somthin lol

• I like Daniel Craig

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 23

• Pierce Brosnan was my all time favorite... Daniel Craig was good too... but Brosnan was my favorite... hands down.

• Connery all the way, beautiful man and think he had the suave and right amount of chemistry. For me James Bond was meant to have the edge and not too much sex appeal otherwise he would have been a sleaze. All about the balance and the Scots man provided :)

• I'll always associate Pierce with that role.

• Roger Moore!!

• Pierce Brosnan. Gotta love that man

• For me Connery get the trophy, he brings intensity, class and just enough charm to make it less about the Bond girls and more about the mission.. But I must admit Daniel Craig's took fighting scenes to a whole new level. Violent? Maybe.. but one can't deny the pure power one feels when whatching Craig's interpretation.
    Great question by the way.

• I'm waiting for Mr. Idris Elba.

• Sean Connery - obviously. =)

• sean connery was an excellent james bond.

• Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan..

• sean connery
    but daniel craig is good too

• Daniel Craig hands down

• Was never into the movies... but was obsessed with the games... but I'm gonna have to say Sean! His voice was epic!

• Between Craig and Brosnan. Craig wins

• Daniel Craig :)

• I haven't seen any of them, but my brother's named after Sean Connery. :)

• Sean Connery

• I was the best!

• That's a tough one, I like a few of them.

I liked Timothy Dalton's harder edge style Bond, especially after the few previous ones.

http://i.imgur.com/Q2v1jp0.jpg

Sean Connery's 007 is probably my favorite, though.

http://i.imgur.com/FksM1mG.jpg

• Sean Connery for sure!

• I think Sean Connery, roger more and pierce :)

• NOT DANIEL CRAIG EWWWWWWW SEAN CONNNERY

• I think Daniel was.

• He definitely does the physical stuff best. Love the stunts they have him do.